VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 78 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,679 Posts
best i can do is come on my bike...the van decided today was the day to deposit the contents of the powersteering system all over the road...refilled it in an effort to limp back to the nick but it emptied an entire litre of brand new fluid back onto the road in about 7 minutes. :(

gonna have to get the AA to take it from work to a garage in the morning so it's going to be off the road for god knows how long.

if i don't make it, post up some good pics....have fun :ILU:

·
Registered
375 Posts
Good turn out today with some nice looking vans T:

I didn't take a camera so if any one has some pics I wouldn't mind having a couple if that would be alright?!

Deffo be at the next one...especially as there was talk of a BBQ A:

Cheers,

Thor

·
Registered
1 Posts
Looking for response to starting a bi-monthly S-O-S Cruise / stop and look.

Suggest first date Sunday 28th March from 2pm at Uncle Toms Cabin - Shoebury (SS3 9HG). just turn up and park on the grass (don't forget to get a parking ticket).

for the kite surfers, brave ones in March, Uncle Toms is a good stop if the tides in - mud otherwise.

for the kids (big or small) the beach - the ice-creams - the promenade for skating, boarding, biking etc etc.

in the summer May / July could try a bbq and show and shine at Shoebury Eastbeach?

Haven't consulted the Essex & Kent boys on this - hope your OK with it?

T4FAN
I will try and make the next one but the photos look good mate

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Excellent afternoon, good weather, nice people, good vans.T:

I have awarded myself the most stone chipped and scruffy van - which is good because Mrs T4FAN has agreed to partial respray having seen the shiny ones today.

I've got some photos but don't know how to scrub the number plates - Thor yours is the only number plate I can read on one of them! will post once I figure out how to remove numbers!

BBQ dates what about Sunday 23 May or Saturday 29th May (that's the air show weekend)?

I think Shoebury East Beach has BBQ areas and you can take your own - I will look into it.

link to Google map - the beach and large green is the area suggested.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=shoebury east beach&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wl

My first meet and really enjoyed it - will speak to everyone more next time.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi
it was good to meet you all and have a chat today and see some more t4s and get some ideas .
glad the weather was good cant wait till the next one, hope to have done a few more bits by then.
here are a couple of pics if i have uploaded them ok.
cheers
Rich

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
if anyone has been there before they will kwo how big the field infront of the beahc is.
Although you can't get vehicles onto the grass anymore. Council have fitted bollards on the road meaning that everyone has to park in the carpark by the toilets:(

I'm looking into getting a key for the gate at the lower end from the council as kitesurfers are apparently allowed one so will let you know how I get on

·
Registered
32 Posts
great day out, good to meet a few 'names' at last!
Next time I'll make sure everyone gets up and into action - we should be able to get a few more yocals with cool vans down... i might have to lure them with the bbq though!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Masterclass

Jimbo has kindly agreed to provide a 10 / 20 minute talk on installing an intercooler at the next May meet. Thanks Jimbo T: This will be of interest to all those with 88bhp - like me and everyone else. All are welcome - it would be good to gauge numbers for Jimbo’s benefit (Jimbo bring your soap box - i reckon this will be popular).

For the July meet I’m trying to find some one to talk about injectors or mapping, please suggest other subjects that would be useful even routine maintenance?

J-T4 - looks good if we can get out of the new main carpark on to the grass.

Nice photos are they all at S-O-S (can't be looks like a sunny day somewhere else)?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Wow, it didn't feel as warm as it looks.....though that might have been something to do with me wearing shorts and flip flops :cool:

T4FAN - don't worry to much about scrubbing the plate. I think there is photo of it that I put up with the plate showing. A few more wont hurt.

Seeing the front of Big Vern (my van) reminds me that silver is the best colour for keeping clean. It's not been washed for weeks, since just after the snow I think :D

Didn't some one mention about using a kit boarders field or something? They mentioned that there's a big BBQ there and loads of room for us all to park up?!?! Just a thought incase your not able to get the key for the gate :*

Looking forward to next time - I will have tales (and possibly photos) of shinanigans from my week in Las Vegas with my mate on a boozing, stripping gamblathon A:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Great meet,weather was fantastic,good to see all your van's and meet everyone. The BBQ sounds wicked just keep Paul knight away from it he loves a good meat burn up!

·
Premium Member
10,568 Posts
Speaking with Chris the Big Bad Bear this evening, he is upgrading his 88 to a 102 (ish) fitting the bigger injectors and the intercooler, He doesn't know it yet, but I will use his van for the talky :D

Oh and T4Toad will be there as well - we will see his Mitsubishi Intercooler T:

·
Registered
32 Posts
i spoke to tim @ kustom dubwerks (hockley, essex) today and he's up for attending the next meet in his US-import Westy T4 next time round.

Incidentally, tim is a dab hand when it comes to T4 servicing, repairs and mods etc (pro-trained, too!), and is a handy contact for any essex-based t4 owner ;)
(He's the only mechanic I trust with my t4, and his prices are very reasonable, too!)

also.... I reckon he might be up for presenting a brief rundown re: servicing/maintenance schedules and procedures at a future meet - or maybe a q&a re: problems/tech issues etc?
if that's of interest to you guys, let me know and i'll prime him up for it beforehand ;)

Either way - he's a top bloke, and his van is really cool, too! Business or leisure, i'm sure he'll fit in well!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Paul and Davegsx

The next meet will probably be on Saturday 29th May from 1pm bring your own BBQ for lunch, this is subject to any council restrictions. Its a bank holiday and the air show weekend - but its a Saturday.

The talk on maintenance from Tim will be great for the July meet (date to be confirmed). The next meets Masterclass talk will be on fitting an intercooler from Jimbo.

A cruise was supposed to happen at the last meet! Sounds good If we all aim for a 4.30pm cruise on the 29th.

Jim's stereo - loud (dodgy music though!)Rasp:

·
Registered
32 Posts
sounds cool.. however, that's a busy weekend for some of us old-school, air-cooled folk (rtts/plymfest etc)
but, if I can get some help/cover/time-off(!), i'm well up for another yocal bbq meet and cruise - fingers crossed!

41 - 60 of 78 Posts