VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O.k so on my bargain T5 the fuel filler flap is a bit loose and sometimes flips open on the motorway and doesn't lock so I was having a poke about in there to see what needs addressing and noticed a bit of black plastic sticking out above the filler cap, obviously curiosity got the better of me so I gave it a tug I:. Imagine my shock when I discover its only a key for my van!!!:jd
Its an aftermarket copy so I tried it in the doors...worked fine :eek:...tried it in the ignition....worked fine....cranked her up o.k then cut out as i presume its not coded to the van.
So i've had the van 3 months, been away for a fortnight during that time and left it on the drive, not realising that there was a very accessible key to get in sat right there :eek:

·
Registered
10,391 Posts
perhaps the previous owner was planning to steal it back, seriously lucky you found it.

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
There should be a metel bit on the flap that a plastic bit/part/thingie slides over and stops it from opening. Not the best design....
You can get the plastic part from vw.

·
Registered
337 Posts
There should be a metel bit on the flap that a plastic bit/part/thingie slides over and stops it from opening. Not the best design....
You can get the plastic part from vw.
Mine can be opened without the passenger door open too...anyone purchased the plastic part and any idea how much?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts