VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya

Desperately need a spare key - only got one and my 18month old has already put it in the bath & down the toilet - luckily still works!

Stealers £200

Mobile key guy quoted me £190 - inclined to pay the extra tenna for VW.

Anyone know if possible to get cheaper anywhere?

Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
386 Posts
Try a few more mobile guys,as i got quoted same sort of prices then a mobile guy near me came to my house and sorted me a new key for £110, or i could have had a second hand from him for £90

·
Registered
691 Posts
Guy at Dubfreeze quoted me £100

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just got another quote - £29 for key with no button (but coded to start engine)

£179 for key with buttons.

So £150 for a button key coded for the central locking...?

How come central locking coding cost so much more than immobiliser coding? Surely it cant just be the physical key costing that much???

·
Registered
836 Posts
Hiya

Desperately need a spare key - only got one and my 18month old has already put it in the bath & down the toilet - luckily still works!

Stealers £200

Mobile key guy quoted me £190 - inclined to pay the extra tenna for VW.

Anyone know if possible to get cheaper anywhere?

Thanks in advance :)
Water wont harm the immobiliser chip in the key as its encapsulated in glass. It will destroy the remote fob though so I respectfully suggest you dont let an 18month old child play with your keys! Discodave does cut surf keys from a photo of your key (£10) which will let you into your van but wont start it - see his post in the security section of the T5 forum.....

·
Registered
281 Posts
Just had Craig Nettleton do me a new flip key supplied, cut and coded at my house for £100.
Cracking bloke and a pleasure to deal with.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts