VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this is a really stupid question but I am struggling to find an answer and hopefully somebody here can point me in the right direction.

I have just bought a second hand T5 van and it is great, wanted one for ages. I notice that it does not have a spare wheel and so I have been looking at getting one. Right now all I want if a spare steel wheel that I shall keep in the back, longer term I shall look at getting the external mounting sorted out.

Anyway I have been asking around local scrappies and various online scrap brokers but I have not been able to get a specific spare wheel for a T5 van. There are some of ebay etc but these tend to be collect only and living in the North of Scotland this is not an option for me.

So does anybody know where I can get one, or if I can use a wheel of something else, say a passat or golf?

Cheers

·
Registered
661 Posts
Where in Scotland do live mate? I'm heading back to my parents for a week this Friday and have four 16" round the side of their house if your interested?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies so far.

MESMmack,
I live in Inverness if that helps at all.

Yeh my van is a 2010, it doesn't have a spare but does have the space under the rear, planning to try and mount a spare there eventually, but like I said just what a spare for now.

Cheers,
Iain

·
Registered
661 Posts
Wow that's a fair distance from me I'm in Carnoustie on the east coast. If you're ever down that way you're more than welcome to take one. Just let me know in advance and ill leave it out for you in case nobody's there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts