VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all!

I am going to be upgrading my van's wheels from little steelies to big-ish alloys, probably 18" ones. I wondered what you experience has been in dealing with the spare wheel issue?

Is there a good place to get hold of a cheaper 18" single wheel/tire to reserve for emergencies as most places sell alloys in sets of four and it doesnt matter if the spare matches..

Also do you know if an 18" spare will fit in the spare wheel enclosure under the van, have you all found that to be the case?

Cheers!! :ILU:

·
Registered
270 Posts
might be wrong but does it really matter what size your alloy wheel is with regards to fitting underneath - they should have the same rolling radius and therefore be exactly the same size as your original wheels.. the rim gets bigger but they tyre gets smaller! so will fit.

incidentally i have some 18" genuine rs4 alloys/tyres for sale in the for sale section Rasp:

·
Registered
11,100 Posts
might be wrong but does it really matter what size your alloy wheel is with regards to fitting underneath - they should have the same rolling radius and therefore be exactly the same size as your original wheels.. the rim gets bigger but they tyre gets smaller! so will fit.

incidentally i have some 18" genuine rs4 alloys/tyres for sale in the for sale section Rasp:
wont fit underneath as 18''alloys will have a 225 tyre which is too wide to go in the basket,same radius but too wide :(

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just spoke to a garage and they said just stick with the current spare as itll do the job to get home, even if it isnt quite the same size etc etc. Which is good as i don't have to worry about replacing it with anything, because alloys are pricey enough :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts