VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone please help me with regards to speaker cables. I am inserting speakers in the back door but i am using the speaker cable all over the van
I am on a budget, I know you may loose quality with cheap cable but could anyone help as I want reasonable priced cable that offers quality sound.
please help thanks stu

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Hi mate

my wife & i have built up over the years a real good home hifi all from Richer Sounds gold plate connection this that tutha and it does make a difference Eg: decent quality inter connector cables & such,,
i do know where your coming from with the speaker wire thing it does make a massive difference but when i spoke to a auto hifi installer trying to squeeze info out of him he said it doesn't make any difference,now i beg to diffa that one
but also your head unit as very small connections on the rear & even if you chopped the main plug for the speakers off you could still only use small connection = small speaker wire,,only way round it is if you run good quality speaker wire from a separate amp then you can put decent sized speaker wire to the speakers,,the speaker wire we have at home is all from Richer sounds at a real good price & ya could jump start cars of this wire its that thick lol know really you could i think from memory its 360 stands per - +,,,,,my sons just bought a load of gear from car audio security alpine amp/Sony head unit alpine door speakers & alpine 6/9"s inc delivery £300 & the amp will accept bigger speaker wire:cool:,,,from what Ive learnt it gives a more fuller sound/grunt if that makes senseT:

·
Registered
44 Posts
From what I have bought (auto speaker cable and home audio speaker cable) you will get much better value from a home audio speaker cable. If you can budget for it, its worth spending at least £2 - £2.50 per metre anything in this category upwards will make a difference.
:)

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
From what I have bought (auto speaker cable and home audio speaker cable) you will get much better value from a home audio speaker cable. If you can budget for it, its worth spending at least £2 - £2.50 per metre anything in this category upwards will make a difference.
:)
,,,,,totally agree mate its about that from richer sounds & its ruddy hefty stuff too real good quality inner & real good quality outer insulation,,as you say its worth spending couple a quid up we have had the same home speaker wire for a good 10yrs & its like the day we bought it,,anything to do with auto the price goes up up & awayT:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/speaker-cables/cambridge-audio/symphony-400/gale-symphony-400

bunch of real genuine sound people john the manager as worked there for at least 20yrs & ive always got proper good deals on what ever ive boughtT::)

·
Registered
229 Posts
how big / what quality are the speakers your running at the back ? its pointless spending money on cable if your only using it to run 4" speakers ! i've found if your running 6x9's you want at least a 79 strand cable !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts