VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, just removed my rear overhead speaker/storage box from my t4. Its been in the van for around 2.5 years and only removed it because its just had a bit of re.fit. Its a well made piece of kit, heavy so buyer either collects or arranges a courier, 6x9 speakers sound great when fitted to this box, no vibing or tinnyness, it comes with the hd mounting screws i used . £45T:

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
It's a bit cheeky but any chance that you could perhaps take some measurements for me and note down what it is made from? Am planning onmaking one myself but have no idea where to start. Would happily gift some beer money.Thanks Dan

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's a bit cheeky but any chance that you could perhaps take some measurements for me and note down what it is made from? Am planning onmaking one myself but have no idea where to start. Would happily gift some beer money.Thanks Dan
Hi dan, its made from 15mm mdf so its heavy for a good sound, by the time you,v bought all the mdf, the correct pivot hinges for the locker door, accoustic felt, heavy duty fixings and hi temp glue plus hours and hours of your time it would be far cheaper and easier just to buy this for £45, just bolt it straight in, Job Done.:)

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
As this has sold,would you be willing to give me some measurements? I have units fitted so would have taken me ages to adapt yours. Thanks Dan

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
As this has sold,would you be willing to give me some measurements? I have units fitted so would have taken me ages to adapt yours. Thanks Dan
Here ya go dan,its 122cm long at the top, 140cm along the bottom, 30cm high at the centre point and 20cm deep, all made from varying thickness mdf then covered in black accoustic cloth, hope this helps. Rich.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Hi dan, its made from 15mm mdf so its heavy for a good sound, by the time you,v bought all the mdf, the correct pivot hinges for the locker door, accoustic felt, heavy duty fixings and hi temp glue plus hours and hours of your time it would be far cheaper and easier just to buy this for £45, just bolt it straight in, Job Done.:)

PLus 1, its just as easy tobuy this one rather than make it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts