VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where have you fitted your rear speakers? and where would you have fitted them again if you could? Pics would be good as a guide to looks aswell T:

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I've currently got mine fitted in my boxed arches but I'm going to be taking them out and making a shelf behind my Caravelle seat to make it into a bed and will have to move them. I was thinking of moving them to under the drivers and passenger seats somehow?
I have seen them on the ply panels, spaced out using plywood spacers so they fit. Will try find pics when not on my phone. Stu

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm putting a full width rnr in the back of mine. I want to use the space under the bed for storage so don't want to fit them in the kick board. I thought about under the front seats but haven't yet tried any thing there.

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
I've got some on the ceiling, right behind my and passengers heads. Got some more to put above the barn doors...I think. I:

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I always thought the ones that Audiosport do were pretty good T:

http://www.audiosport.co.uk/teefour.htm
There are some nice kits on there but way to pricey for my pocket right now. The only downside is that i would have to take my seats out, to take the side panels out to change a blown tail light bulb.

Mine are on the side panels angled slightly. Wanted to put them on on barn door panels, but didn't think dog would appreciate it!
I'm thinking of the doors as an option, i've seen them on one before and thought they looked good but the sound would be dulled when the seat is in the upright position as my seat is almost up against the doors when up.

·
Its about time I showed up
11,653 Posts
I have covered my half bulkhead in ply and used the void created at the bottom where it cuts back in for some 6x9's. Works really well T: (if you have a half bulkhead) ;) Subs going in the cab :D

·
Banned
10,255 Posts
There are some nice kits on there but way to pricey for my pocket right now. The only downside is that i would have to take my seats out, to take the side panels out to change a blown tail light bulb
Perhaps an idea to modify/improve on that design. I wouldn't be advocating copying though.

I did look at mooching around the local scrapyard and modifying or cannibalising some rear wheel arch trim from whichever vehicle looked a suitable donor, but then got a Caravelle I:

·
Registered
242 Posts
Iv built my speakers into the walls. Iv put a spacer plate behind them and bought slim profile speakers so they don't touch the outside of the van. Sorry about the poor quality picture

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Iv built my speakers into the walls. Iv put a spacer plate behind them and bought slim profile speakers so they don't touch the outside of the van.
What did you use as a spacer plate? I ruled out the side panels like that because of the magnetic effect on the panels.

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

we have done quite a few conversions with the speakers mounted in the centre of the roof.
Now that's very nice but way fancier than what i was thinking, unless of course you want to use my van for showing off your work for a massively reduced installation charge :D

·
Registered
242 Posts
What did you use as a spacer plate? I ruled out the side panels like that because of the magnetic effect on the panels.
I cut out a ring of MDF to space it out. Can't remember the thickness off the top of my head though. The only confession is that I haven't run the speakers yet so I'm not 100% sure they won't interfere, but with the flashband on the panel I don't expect it to

·
aka...duffy177
597 Posts
I cut out a ring of MDF to space it out. Can't remember the thickness off the top of my head though. The only confession is that I haven't run the speakers yet so I'm not 100% sure they won't interfere, but with the flashband on the panel I don't expect it to
I angled mine out and no interference.

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Components in the front and just a couple of 6x9s in the Barn doors to fill the sound void in the back. Sounds pretty good :ILU:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts