1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
712 Posts
do you have electric windows or winders? if you have electric there is space to get some components fitted in the door which will sound better than anything you fit in the dash. if you have winders then alpine do some speakers which fit nicely in the dash. others will fit but you may need to remove the tabs and fit them lower in the dash so the cover will still fit back on. there are a few threads about this on here somewhere!

I would probably look to get an amp to power the 6 x 9s in the back - will give you more grunt without distortion. plenty of good little amps on ebay which will be up to the job without breaking the bank!!

hope this helps a bit. or, google search with the t4forum prefix and you should find plenty of threads to give you some ideas.

·
Full of Cr*p....
9,509 Posts
Buy some component speakers for the back....6x9s are the worst speakers in the world for quality!
Boy racers like them as they look "big and cool" on the rear parcel shelf of a Golf etc.

6.5" speakers have almost the same area, and as they are ROUND, they move in and out like pistons....6x9s wobble all over the place.

You can fit a pair of 8" round and seperate tweeters in the tailgate, and will sound 100% better.

Oh, and unless you want high volume, your head unit will feed them fine.
It actually has about SIX watts rms output per channel....but then again, that's more than most TVs have, and they are loud enough in a room...never mind a tin box!
Ignore all the numbers manufacturers throw at you....simple electronics thoery shows you can't get more than 6W rms from 14.4 volts (amplifiers boost the supply to about 50 volts to drive the internal circuitry...)

IF your head unit really gave 4x50 watts, it would need a 40 amp fuse in the supply!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice one cheers pal

I am not too bothered about volume, as long as i can listen to beach boys when on the road im happy !

·
Full of Cr*p....
9,509 Posts
These would sound great....I use the 2x10" BassFace in my Sub.
Supplier is also very helpful and actually INTERESTED if you tell/ask him about them and where you intend to fit them.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bass-Face...Technology&hash=item35ce45717d#ht_2341wt_1250

I ended up with about a dozen e-mails back and forth, and then he wanted pictures of the cabinet I built (not many suppliers take that sort of interest!.....He also advised be on 10" instead of 12"...even though he would have made more money.....)

Another option;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PROFESSIO...Technology&hash=item4862eee561#ht_5745wt_1250

You just have to measure carefully inside the tailgate after you remove the panel....they WILL fit.

Honestly, I made the mistake of making a 10mm MDF panel for mine, and then " 'cos I had them", fitting 2 6x9s and a pair of 6.5's in it.
Next refit, 6x9's will be replaced by 8" round!

In fact, my 6x9's cost almost double the price of the BassFace units..so if you buy those, I'll do you a straight swap.LOL:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts