VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys and girls,any idea how to re ilumanate the needles on a blue dash t4, the fuel and temp are a lovely bright red but the two main needles are dark,it's a bit tricky at night time with the speed cameras thanks rob

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi guys and girls,any idea how to re ilumanate the needles on a blue dash t4, the fuel and temp are a lovely bright red but the two main needles are dark,it's a bit tricky at night time with the speed cameras thanks rob
Not that I speed (low and slow):ILU:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok bit of an update,I've stripped the clocks and yes I can see the bulbs which are on but dim compared to the others, next question is how do you remove the bulbs :confused: thanks rob

·
Registered
5,043 Posts
I have no idea BUT getting LAMPS out of displays is usually easier if you have same (big word coming) peristaltic pump tubing. Hold it against the front of the lamp and gently turn while exerting a slight pressure.

Hope this helps? T: Cheers, Tony.

·
Registered
767 Posts
how did you get on changing these mate . i always thought they couldnt be changed

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Still no joy,but I'm sure there is a way,maybe some wizard will read this and have the awnser.i guess you paint the needles with something that glows in the dark I:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Nope I'm not a wizard, but I can tell you my clocks are doing the same thing and when i opened them i couldn't:* see any bulbs just led,s so I promptly closed them back up and left them.
Currently awaiting a wizards reply.:*

1 - 13 of 13 Posts