VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, spent all day fault finding on my speedo:*. Basically everything works except fuel gauge and speedometer I've replaced the clocks still same problem checked fuses etc but was wondering if it's a commen fault and a relay. Sorry if there's a topic already on this I couldn't find it. Any help I will be grateful Thanks Dave

·
Registered
340 Posts
By NO means am i clue'd up on this, but, on my 1.9td abl i had a speedo that went from 0 to 140 mph when on tick over!!! and clocked miles at 140mph!!!

The fuel gauge was full on left hand turns, empty on right....

The Revs were Ok, but the temp did the same as the fuel!!

After loads of research, fault finding, taking the clocks appart etc etc, it turned out to be a rubbish earth!

My clocks are the digital ones, so may be of no help at all!!! But check the earth.. simple fault find and worked for me!

there is also a thread on broken solder inside the clocks, but assume this cant be the case as you have tried a new set of clocks?!?? :*

Sorry i cant be more help! hope you find the issue!

Dan

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your reply mine is just a speedometer and a clock it's the old style. Will check earth Connection but all wire and connectors seemed ok.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Hi mate
fuel gauge fault could be the voltage regulator in the dash i had the same problem. It is a common fault on older
models before 96 there is a link to fix it on here somewhere
speedo might be a fault with the cable as it goes straight to the gearbox with no electrics
good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts