VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have a '01 1.9td ABL T4 with no modifications, sometimes when I'm stationary and running at idle, the speedo jumps around between 0 and 20mph.

I've mainly noticed it when I have had the lights on, not actually spotted it when the lights are off but it might be because it's less noticable.

Speedo seems to work fine when moving.

I noticed it is actually adding mileage to the counter too, so I would like to fix it but I don't really know where to start.

Anyone solved a similar issue or have any suggestions on what could be causing it? Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi. I'm new owner of a t4 1.9td, abl 1996, and i don't know much but i'd like to help you. So first, your speedo is electronic. In this case you can try to fix it by cleaning sensor and its cables. A dirty sensor might send faulse signal, and dirty (wet, corroded, kracked insulation) cables can "barrow" some voltage between signal and supply wires.

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi. I'm new owner of a t4 1.9td, abl 1996, and i don't know much but i'd like to help you. So first, your speedo is electronic. In this case you can try to fix it by cleaning sensor and its cables. A dirty sensor might send faulse signal, and dirty (wet, corroded, kracked insulation) cables can "barrow" some voltage between signal and supply wires.
Thanks mate, helpful suggestion. I'll take a look over the weekend.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts