VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...into my van.

Provides useful extra storage for maps, remotes etc. I've also fitted Sunvisor screens / DVDs to the underside. Still to make the centre panel, which will house the courtesy light / sunroof switch and buttons for the Freeview box. The reduction in headroom is not an issue as i'm a shortarse. :D I was going to wait until it was all done, before posting pics, but thought anything to take our minds off recent events was a good thing.

·
Registered
335 Posts
looks cool mate, did u make the shelves yourself? or are they from a caravelle or summit??

how are they fixed up there??

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I made them myself from plywood and offcuts from a kitchen cabinet. It was then covered with grey vinyl, using a staple gun. No gluing or sewing involved. Most of the staples are along the edges, so are hidden when it's all screwed together.

The front edge was built up to hide the sunvisor when closed and also on the top surface, to stop items falling out when moving. It's held in place by 2 screws which passes through the A-pillar trim and several screws attaching it to the centre section.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts