VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m new to T5 ownership and have found they have lots of spline headed bolts. I need to get a set. What exactly are they or has anyone a link to a decent set? Thanks

·
Special Rapporteur
9,490 Posts
It depends how much you're going to be using them and what other tools you have, but for occasional use I wouldn't be looking at spending £30 on a set. If you put "spline bit set" into Ebay you'll find plenty at around the £12 mark. I have a set like that (which were only £8 a set five years ago) and they have held up well.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
They're triple-square drive bits, commonly described as spline drive. They are usually very tight too & if you use the incorrect bit it knackers the head very easily. Spline drive & torx drive are different.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I got a set from Machine Mart and I’ve been very impressed with them for the price. Three different lengths covers most circumstances for me so far.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies....just wanted to make sure I didn’t get the wrong thing 👍

·
Registered
285 Posts
113811368422 these are what I have.
Good set and 3/8 drive.
We have a tool man at work and these have a life time guarantee, obviously if used correctly

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts