VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
evening.
fitted a 100a split charge relay,positive in from starter battery out to leisure battery,small connector to earth on starter battery,small connector which feeds from alternator.
when the alternator feed is connected and ignition switched on the relay buzzes and battery warning light stays on when engine is running,even when revved?no charge is being put into starter battery or leisure either when this wire is connected?
once this wire is dissconnected battery light stays off,no buzzing and alternator charges normally?(14v)
both batteries new,alternator 18month old?
unlucky enough to have a faulty relay? :*

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
you need a diode on the trigger wire the led bulb is back feeding and wont go out without a diode fitted in the trigger wire to the relay, i know i had same prob fiited diode on the trigger wire to the 100amp relay and never had it since, i got the info from davet4 of here

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
sorry, obviously not a vsr!! doh!!:confused: mrs woz nagging.

are you sure its defo wired up correctly? i.e. correct wire from alternator?

have you got a link to such said scr?

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
only fitted yday.
all wired as per instructions.double checked all that.
connected to blue wire on alternator.
bought as kit,no diode included or mentioned.
:*

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
i used a wire from my ignition switch, live when ignition on, but isnt live when cranking. you may have a wire similar to use that. make sure its defo not live when cranking tho.

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
problem found.apparently i have an 'intelligent' alternator?(never had this problem with wife)?
big thanks to stereosteve who has a bit of circuitry which is fitted in place of alternator wire,which hes gonna post out today.
sounds like same thing as karlos said
cheers allA:

·
Registered
10,602 Posts
It is quite a common issue and the easiest way round it is to connect to a black/yellow wire at the fuse box instead.

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cheers upspexT:
just need quickest fix at moment,10hr round trip to plymouth at weekend............
last thing i need is kids going radge in the back..........dvd peace n quiet!T:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts