VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Haven't posted in a while since I've been happily taking in Europe for near on 3 years since my conversion was completed nearly 3 years ago.

Here's the silly part - I bought a split charge relay kit, complete with battery charger from Xtremevans back then, and I still haven't got round to fitting it.

Part lack of knowledge, and part thinking I wouldn't really need it (it would make my life 1000 times easier / stop the GF hassling about where she can plug in all her stuff...)

Does anyone have a step by step guide to installing this kit / something similar, as I'm pretty handy but don't feel confident in my electrical skills to do it myself!

I remember it did come with some instructions but I think I got a bit lost, hence not fitting it all.

Thanks guys - This forum is absolutely ACE, and I only have my Van to level it is because of decent people taking extra time to post pics and updates whilst doing their own conversions!

Thanks

Ross

·
Registered
78 Posts
I would like some info on this also, not bought one yet but just trying to get an idea of where everything goes so i know how far i can go before it needs fitting.

Thanks,

Joe

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool - I think what I'll do is take a photo of everything that came in the kit so that anyone who knows their way around this area will be able to tell exactly what I have.

As far as I remember I only got as far as finding the grommets that go from the engine bay in behind the Dash and taking the feed from the battery area under the floor and to the back of the van...

I'm heading of to the South of France again in 11 days so I'm taking a stand and going to have it all fitted and working by then!!

R

·
Registered
436 Posts
Initially I was a bit nervous about fitting this kit but Jay an extreme was great and answered any questions I had. In the end I bit the bullet and fitted it without a problem and its been used on my summer road trip to Corsica without an issue. If I can do it as a qualified electrical biff any one can do it. Any problems give us a shout

Regards T:

·
Registered
281 Posts
I've just fitted this to my sportline Kombi after fitting a beach interior & it's pretty straightforward really, there are posts on here with pics if you search, didn't fit my leisure battery under the seat though, I've fitted everything in the beach side pod with sockets etc on the outside.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts