VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Can anyone tell me whats the best way to go for this? i.e as a package or all parts seperate, if seperate what parts will I need and where from?
Cheers

·
Registered
229 Posts
voltage sensing split charge relay, got mine off ebay 10quid.

battery, deep cycle 85amp hours, 40 quid local car bits shop.

wire, depends where you put your battery.

and thats about it, plus little blade fuse box and the odd socket. mine was less than 60 quid.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Hi,
Can anyone tell me whats the best way to go for this? i.e as a package or all parts seperate, if seperate what parts will I need and where from?
Cheers
'general camper wiring' article in the technical section tells you all you need to know and more - I used it to sort my van's 12v and mains hook-up...... All my bits came from ebay but you need patience to get the best bargains.

·
Registered
456 Posts
got my voltage sensing relay kit off raw components, highly recommend them the stuff they supply is quality. im a great believer in you get what you pay for, voltage sensing relays are deffo the way forward though, no stress on getting a feed off the alternator like you need to with the split charge relay or diode T:

·
Registered
835 Posts
got my voltage sensing relay kit off raw components, highly recommend them the stuff they supply is quality. im a great believer in you get what you pay for, voltage sensing relays are deffo the way forward though, no stress on getting a feed off the alternator like you need to with the split charge relay or diode T:
There is a connector on the top of the starter and the blue wire is the right one for triggering your relay if you are not using a VSR. Just need to use a snap-lock connector to make the join.... The VSR is the more modern approach though and the easier option.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys im looking at the bep marine vsr at the mo, quite pricey but seems the best.
Seems to protect all of your equipment too.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ordered it now!! where did you put your second battery? If near the rear doors how much cable did you use getting from the engine bay, oh also what route did you take through the cab?
Thanks

·
Registered
456 Posts
I used 7metres of powercable on mine, ran it the same route as i used to run my amp wiring kit. make sure you fuse the power cables if youre not buying the full kit, can never be to carefull:ILU:T:

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
There are a couple of articles on my website see the 'T4 Info' link near the Bank Card Logos.

One about fitting tha battery under the bonnet and another showing where the charge indicator wire can be picked up at the fuse box. Plus lots of other links that may be of help.

Rod.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I used 7metres of powercable on mine, ran it the same route as i used to run my amp wiring kit. make sure you fuse the power cables if youre not buying the full kit, can never be to carefull:ILU:T:
Can you tell me which route you took please
Thanks

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Can you tell me which route you took please
Thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts