VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I bought and fitted one of the Xtremevan split charging systems today http://www.xtremevan.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=5026

Have to say, it was much easier than expected - I had no idea what I was doing at first but after a bit of head scratching I got there in the end! T:

I now have my distribution unit under the drivers seat ready to plug my new 12v Tropicool fridge into, but am now a bit confused by the wiring.... my fridge has a cigarette lighter fitting, but the distribution box has a weird multi pin socket arrangement. I assumed that I'd get everything I needed in the little bag, but all I've got is a few spare fuses. Is there a special fitting I need, or do I just hack off the cig lighter plug and shove the cable into one of the holes?

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
In the multi connector kit there should be pin terminals that you could hard wire your fridge to, or if you want it removable i'm assuming its a cool box type, then wire a 12v outlet to the multi connector and just plug your fridge into that.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
hard wire in with a fuse just for the fridge is what I did

heavy duty cable mind..

I ran the wire under the van for my charger I was looking for an easy way on the inside but then I popped it though the floor to under the van then I ran it along side the brake line where there was clips spare and tie rapped it nice and tight all the way along and up into the engine bay again nice and tight so it does not move/vibrate though the outer protecting against metal..

all done in like 15 mins! took more time to work out how to secure the box and postion than to fit! T:

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nope there wasn't any pin terminals included - There is a multi pin socket and another plastic piece which clips into it..... I assume I'm supposed to fit the cable to this plastic piece somehow so that it can be clipped in and out?

I like the idea of fitting a couple of 12v sockets into the multi connector itself so I can just plug in/out whatever appliances I want. Will pop down to halfords and see what I can find. Thanks

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
Contact extreme van, I'm sure they'll supply the pin terminals that were missing from your kit, as they are fairly specific to that connector.

·
Trade Member Plus
1,965 Posts
Hi

In with your kit you get a bag of fuses, the other half of the plug (this is what you wire your 12v accessories to) the pins for the other half of the plug and the eyes which go onto the earth stud.

You can either wire in a 12v cig socket to one of the outputs and plug your fridge in this way or like some one mentioned hard wire it in to the outputs and you could put an inline switch in so you have the option of on or off.
Make sure you use the necessary cable for the power of your fridge.
http://www.xtremevan.co.uk/index.php?content_page=47

Above is a link to our cable aplication guide which should help.

If you want any more help then just ask us

Cheers.
Abi T:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts