VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a knock at the door last night at 10:30 by a neighbour who had just chased 2 thieving scum down the road after seeing them help themselves to my lower front bumper, his missus had called the old bill and as I went out they turned up and caught 1 of them! Unfortunately they wouldn't let me in the van to have a word with the chap, found the bumper down the road dumped but it had been ripped off so need to see if it will go back on, black fog light inserts are no where to be found though.
Word of warning to the people of Bournemouth following my phone calls this morning im not alone

·
Registered
449 Posts
I feel for you .
This is not good,getting closer to my home
hopefully my dog and a shootgun will keep them out of my premises
But it doesnt help when out and about.
Chased a suspected thief off the other day with my son and dog when out in the new forest bikejoring,returned to van to see him keeping a eye out on path and someone walking around van.as soon as he see us in distance they quickly jumped in car and drove off-to quick for me to get reg plate.
Black Saab convertible if any one interested,phoned police and reported

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So the local police have been great with this, been back to see me today and the officer at the station has phoned me twice with an update to tell me that the caught offender has admitted removing my bumper, so just wait to see what he is charged with.
Have to say big thumbs up for Bournemouth police T:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Well I hope they book him for something. If he'd said an "inappropriate" word to a " minority" group, it would be on the front of the local, probably national newspaper, but he stole from you , and he'll probably get a caution. hope he didn't scratch his hand while pulling it off,

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
someone on here from Poole had their sportline bumper nicked a month or two back too. Maybe same people?

·
Super Moderator
9,233 Posts
What's it all coming to when people do this sort of stuff :(

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Watch your sparewheels and catalyticvconverters as well. Never heard of anyone nicking the front bumper before.
Do new vans have spare wheels, my car doesn't.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Lets hope they don't do a revenge visit when they're out, and damage every panel or paint strip your vehicle. Sad sign of the times but not all too uncommon.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
As if im not p155ed off enough all ready, that's cheered me up no end!
Don't take it to heart, just take it onboard, think of it as a heads up to park your van somewhere more secure/elsewhere for a little while until the mouthbreathing perps have calmed down a little from having their collar felt. Less chance of it happening by then.

·
Registered
270 Posts
So a knock at the door last night at 10:30 by a neighbour who had just chased 2 thieving scum down the road after seeing them help themselves to my lower front bumper, his missus had called the old bill and as I went out they turned up and caught 1 of them! Unfortunately they wouldn't let me in the van to have a word with the chap, found the bumper down the road dumped but it had been ripped off so need to see if it will go back on, black fog light inserts are no where to be found though.
Word of warning to the people of Bournemouth following my phone calls this morning im not alone
I just spotted this thread, not been on here for a while. I had mine nicked Christmas Eve eve,
http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=415486

If they caught one of the scumbags do you know if its going any further ? A friend of mine had his take about three weeks ago too.

Cheers !

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
There was one nicked same night about a mile from me aswell but it was in Christchurch, only noticed this in the local rag. When mentioned to the officer I was told that Christchurch and Bournemouth police don't share information even though they are Dorset police???
Any how the Scrote that nicked it has admitted it and was the first time he is known to police (or been caught) so has been given a conditional discharge, he has till the end of May to pay my costs of missing parts and getting it put pack together or face court.

·
Registered
425 Posts
If people are always willing to buy cheap parts on Gumtree or flea-bay, then there will always be a market for these scum to sell their ill gotten gains.
Because the 5.1 T5 is getting so popular and the sportline upgrade is being done to every tom dick and Harry's van these days, the parts are probably getting stolen to order. If truth be told they are probably even selecting the most common colours (white,silver,black)
The most gutting thing is they always get off with just a slapped wrist.
Any wanna be theive, just needs to do his research on this forum and he would gain a wealth of knowledge on how to remove most valueable parts off our vans(rear bike racks, side bars, front&rear spoilers, drl inserts etc..etc...

I think the best mod we could all do would be air-suspension so when parked up you could slam it to the ground then no one could get any of the parts off. Or link it to a movement sensor, so when your front spoiler gets tugged, the van slams to the ground and catches there thieving fingers under the van.

Think I'm getting carried away!!!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Whos! buying them? thats more the point !!!!! are they on this site? You have to be into t5' to know there worth having. ! hate dishonesty !!!! little or big sh.ts !!! c..ts!!

1,094 Posts
Just seen this thread, what the hell is going on with these bumpers, these guys must be well clued up with screw positions etc and very quiet in operation, think its time for VW to add bumper sensors to the alarm system (sportline factory fit)

·
Registered
449 Posts
Whos! buying them? thats more the point !!!!! are they on this site? You have to be into t5' to know there worth having. ! hate dishonesty !!!! little or big sh.ts !!! c..ts!!
Probably unsuspecting members on this forum and others who love their VW's off the site called evilbay

·
Registered
53 Posts
I didn't sleep much last night after reading this and the stolen thread... In one way I am lucky to live in the Channel Islands as this doesn't happen however I am now t ing myself for when I come to the UK...!

I am over in 4 weeks so about to ring the hotels to see if they have CCTV in the car parks

·
Registered
425 Posts
I didn't sleep much last night after reading this and the stolen thread... In one way I am lucky to live in the Channel Islands as this doesn't happen however I am now t ing myself for when I come to the UK...!

I am over in 4 weeks so about to ring the hotels to see if they have CCTV in the car parks
Sssshhhhhh!!!! Carefully what you say. Don't mention where in the uk you are going. Definitely don't mention which hotel. They could be reading this as we speak and tracking your movements.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts