VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any body else out there having a nightmare with delivery dates for the new sportline ordered mine back in June and was told there would be about six months wait , rang up two weeks ago to find out what was going on because i hadn't heard anything and was told that it was made and waiting shipment from Germany to sportline over here to be fitted out and should be to me the end of January Hip Hip Hooray A: , rang today and its still in Germany and wont be delivered to sportline till after Christmas's and then there will be four to five weeks fitting :* as sportline only fit fifteen at a time so now looking mid February what the hell is going on with VW

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
I know what you're going through mate. Mine was ordered in May and finally arrived at the Dealership today. With a bit of luck I'll be collecting it on Friday, only a 29 week lead time.

Presume you are talking Sportline Kombi, right? I've been offered Panel Vans pretty much from stock at three different dealers

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dont want to here that !!! its white with black roof panel van lwd barn doors couldn't find one anywhere rang louds of dealers

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
ah ha! the ones I was offered were all SWB Panel Vans mate. Yours will take so long 'cos it's slightly different

I'm guessing that all the initial built vans were SWB Panel Vans, then Customer Orders followed - meaning loads of Kombi's have taken an age to arrive. Not so sure about LWB vehicles though, guess comes under same category as Kombi

·
Registered
877 Posts
the delivery dates are radiculas? and nobody seems to know any information on the progress? i chased the dealers they were chasing vw etc etc etc, never got a delivery date confirmed until a friend picked his van up from a service and told me there was a lwb sportline kombi at the dealership (mine) on the friday the dealer didnt call me until monday afternoon :confused::confused:

i waited in all 33 weeks LOL:LOL: worth the wait but feels like a life time?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know what you mean and I hope it is worth the wait many sleepless nights ahead by the sounds of its

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Ordered mine on the 21/10/2011 was given a build week of week 50 (this week) then to the uk for sportlining, was told 6 months at the outside to delivery, but will see !!!!!

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
Ordered mine on the 21/10/2011 was given a build week of week 50 (this week) then to the uk for sportlining, was told 6 months at the outside to delivery, but will see !!!!!
I'd say that's pretty good mate. The important thing is if the build week is "confirmed" or not. Eventually I got told Wk 40 confirmed build wk and mine is being PDI'd this week for me to collect this coming Friday. So you could be looking at mid Feb for yours - just in time for you to start worrying about the new plate change! LOL:

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for that stan something else for me to worry about and maybe a extra delay waiting for the new reg :confused:Make sure you post some pictures when you get your van so it gives something to look forward to and make the wait worth while

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
I'd say that's pretty good mate. The important thing is if the build week is "confirmed" or not. Eventually I got told Wk 40 confirmed build wk and mine is being PDI'd this week for me to collect this coming Friday. So you could be looking at mid Feb for yours - just in time for you to start worrying about the new plate change! LOL:
Going to ring this week to make sure they have'nt moved the build week, hope it does'nt come before march 1st as I have already bought a 12 plate for it!!!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Hi, I have a White/Black roof LWB Combi with DSG on order, fully loaded and they have said 6 months but prob will be Sept 2012.
If the Euro goes T/up prob never get one.......... D'ho.....*<:)>

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Rang dealer today about delivery date hoping that I would be able to pick it up 1 st march and had email back saying that the seat have just been sent off to be done and then the rest of the sportline kit to be fitted wheels spoilers etc now told it might be mid march cant believe how long it takes what are vw up to ? That's about a 9 month plus lead time :eek:

·
Registered
850 Posts
Birmingham van centre has a panel van and kombi sat on forcourt 3 weeks ago when I ordered my kombi but even that's s 8 week .

It's shocking how long things are taking for s production vehicle

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
This is one of the reasons I didn't end up getting a new one when I was lookig a few months ago.

It's suprising VW haven't addressed the situation. It's not difficult to get another team doing the aportline conversion of to lean on the company doing it and asking them to take more!

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
It's suprising VW haven't addressed the situation. It's not difficult to get another team doing the aportline conversion of to lean on the company doing it and asking them to take more!
I'm not - let's face it, a good way to keep the prices high & retain that "exclusivity".

Nothing like an artificial shortage, the cynic in me says.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts