VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't believe the time I have had to wait for delivery of a new sportline !! And still waiting
I ordered a new sportline on 4th of December 2011 and was told 4-6 months delivery time, so I sold my old sportline in February and brought a cheap car to get me by
9 1/2 months later I still don't know when I'm going to take delivery of it,
I keep chasing the dealers who don't seem bothered at all, they don't return emails they don't return calls when they say they will, they can't give me dates of when my vans ready, I think it's a disgrace they just don't bother I think I had the trainee sales man so went to the manager who said ok I'll sort this out and got told oh just have to wait still can't give you a date
I then phoned VW complaints who eventually came back with build week 30 which was July
Spoke to a nice understanding lady who said ok I'll call you every other week to let you know the progress, ok fine, but she called 4 weeks ago and said its at the converters it WILL be with you no more than 3 weeks form now, so I called the dealers a week ago asking what date I could pick it up ? They said its still at the converters and will be another 2 weeks plus, then they have to wait for it to go into their stock list then wait for it to be delivered to them and then I can go and get it
So its going to be 10 months plus which in these hard times is just crazy, I've worked and saved so hard to get this new van and all this experience has put a real damper on getting a new van
They charge an absolute fortune for these vans I can't believe that VW can treat customers this way :(:(:(, are they just laughing because they know we want their vans so we just have to wait,I know DSG was a longer wait but come on VW pull your socks up
Rant over
Anyone else had similar problems

·
Registered
55 Posts
Feel gutted for you mate:( How can big dealships treat customers like this? I have had it in the past but i did get some money off for the hassle, but i was bothering them everyday!;)

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Just been to VW dealers in Bletchley. They have an unregistered sportline on the forecourt with a price tag of £32 995. Just give them the cash and drive it away T:

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers I'll try them tomorrow, I held out for DSG but god it had better be worth all the hassle and waiting, I did try Swiss a while ago but they couldn't supply a DSG sportline
I am getting a good deal with the dealers I went to but they are so just not bothered, I'm normally a patient person but today I've snapped I think they are taking the pee now
All I want is a delivery date !!!!! It's so close I think I can smell it or am I just wishing it to be here!!!!! How long do I wait ?? Keep waiting

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Hi Lpeeps
We just try and tell it how it is
10 months is normal for DSG

Many dealers are happy just to pluck a date from their backside
and let you scream after
This is certainly not encouraged by VWUK and dealers get regular
stock updates
It shouldn't be much longer now then

Sportlines are going up about £100 a month in monthly payments
Demand is too great so they have reduced balloons

Changing subject
Also there are 3 massive Kombi fleet orders on systems so there
is an extra 6 week wait while the 140 Kombi orders are processed

·
Registered
135 Posts
That's unbelievable!! At least it will hold its money, seems dsg sportlines are like rocking horse [email protected]^t? I've been waiting 4 months for a 140 manual, I lost the plot in the dealers and spent 5k on extras, think that might be slowing it down. If the dealer told me I would have to wait 4 months don't think I would of bothered. Still, good things come to those who wait!!! :jmpg

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After a phone call to VW complaints they say it's finished at the converters but could still be 2 weeks till it gets to the dealer, the stock manager is on holiday and no one else can say when my van will be delivered, what a joke, I need to get a job at VW they have more time off than farther Christmas
So just got to wait, aaarrrrhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
The one at blechley is silver and manual worth a try tho
Cheers

·
Registered
35 Posts
We ordered a 180 dsg with every option on it that you can have including the new bi xenon's in mid January and it came 3rd of august, this was ordered from birmingham van centre.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow that was quick, I've been told 10 months is realistic times for delivery by Swiss
Makes me wonder if they sold my van for more than im paying and re-ordered another and just made me wait, nothing would surprise me, I've had so many excuses you just couldn't make it up,
1st got told production line didn't flag up but it couldn't paint candy white with black roofs lol
2nd gearboxes are made in Japan and because of the tsunami the factory was destroyed so had to find a new manufacturer for the DSG gearbox
3rd not from VW but sky put a big order in for lots of vans
4th sorry it was confirmed into build week 18 may ( I have proof in an email) but its not going to be then we will just have to wait
5th oh its now confirmed build week 30 July
6th a month ago it's at the converters it will be with you no more than 3 weeks from now
7th today, its still at converters a month later it could be another 2 weeks till its delivered to your dealers
8th dealer says it will still be a week after they have it
THANKS VW IT'S ABOUT TIME YOU LOOKED AT HOW US AS CUSTOMERS ARE BEING TREATED BY YOURSELFS AND YOUR DEALERS OR ELSE WE WILL GO ELSE WHERE
How come some come earlier than others surely it's first come first served, They took my deposit on the 4th of December surely it was ordered on that week,
It's driving me mad !!!!

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
A bit of luck is involved
A true factory order is about 6 months for a Kombi and add another 4 months for DSG
Due to UK conversions Sportline information and tracking
is very poor and UnVWlike in the UK
If a German was running it the information would be far better
It does need attention clearly from these very threads

Occasional stock vehicles and cancelled orders slip through
Cancelled orders are more likely to be a customer whom has been put into
an earlier vehicle themselves

We say
"order and forget"
At least this way you dont make plans or get so upset
My Sportline DSG took a year
I have another arriving that I ordered back in March
for March 2013 delivery

Will see if I can post a stockist
In theory I should have 30 or 40 coming or maybe I dreamt this

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
A bit of luck is involved
A true factory order is about 6 months for a Kombi and add another 4 months for DSG
Due to UK conversions Sportline information and tracking
is very poor and UnVWlike in the UK
If a German was running it the information would be far better
It does need attention clearly from these very threads

Occasional stock vehicles and cancelled orders slip through
Cancelled orders are more likely to be a customer whom has been put into
an earlier vehicle themselves

We say
"order and forget"
At least this way you dont make plans or get so upset
My Sportline DSG took a year
I have another arriving that I ordered back in March
for March 2013 delivery

Will see if I can post a stockist
In theory I should have 30 or 40 coming or maybe I dreamt this
Hey Swiss
Cheers for that I did think these people were very lucky and I guess it's being at the right place at the right time
I am still annoyed but feel better for having a rant, I do think you are right if a German person was running things here VW UK would run a lot better and customers would feel they were getting looked after, unlike me, although my first sportline was here very quick and easily delt with from the same dealers that I have gone to now
Well I eagerly await the call to say its here and I will post some pictures when I get it
Cheers for advice:*H:*:*:*I:I:T:T:

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Sportlines are going up about £100 a month in monthly payments
Demand is too great so they have reduced balloons
That doesn't make sense to me. Surely if demand is outstripping supply then residuals should be going up and balloons too?
BTW, can Swiss quote for new California beach? Pm me if you can.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts