VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
VW have announced
That Sportlines are now to have the suspension lowered at the dealerships rather than at AB Crush
This being due to a few issues with tracking and suspension on new vehicles
Will add an extra day to Sportline deliveries I guess
but a much better idea as a few of on here had tracking and tyre wear issues

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Very slack of VW to ensure that geometry wasn't done when fitted.

Even with correctly aligned suspension, they still munch through tyres in well under 20k unless you're really careful T:

I wouldnt have a transporter van without Sportline wheels and suspension, as I just love the hard ride and handling:D

·
Registered
877 Posts
They say the issue is 'type approval' if lowered before road registered then they have to type approve each vehicle that is lowered with a certificate like they have in Europe massive hassle and cost :eek: £360 from dealers got a quote today 30mm ? Does any body know what the dealers will lower to? And what springs they use ? Mines due in 2 months

·
Registered
690 Posts
Had sport line springs fitted by dealer when I bought t5.1 last August
The firmer ride makes it a joy to drive
Pity road noise increases to sad no factory option for extra sound proofing

·
Registered
3,536 Posts
do this mean that if full suspension is changed then van must go to main dealer for a wheel alignment ?

does this apply if only springs are changed ?
Not necessarily a main dealer, any decent tyre place can do it. The lower you go, the further out everything will be:)

·
Registered
803 Posts
cheers lads , makes sense :)

not thinking of lowering but up sizing , as I decided to keep my van will have to change springs or the full suspension
I have t28 and the back has lowerd its self :eek::eek::eek:.
What is best to do :
changing rear springs only and fit A T30 type
change front and rear springs
or change full suspension to T30 type

van is used for work , usually there is not much on it but some times I get boiler and 10 rads which could be as much as 500kg

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Very slack of VW to ensure that geometry wasn't done when fitted.

Even with correctly aligned suspension, they still munch through tyres in well under 20k unless you're really careful T:

I wouldnt have a transporter van without Sportline wheels and suspension, as I just love the hard ride and handling:D
On my new Sportline van the steering wheel is out at about 1.30 on a clock to right
Annoying

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Firmer to be expected but not crashy. I've done 50,000 miles plus in various kombi's with Sportline suspension and would have it every time. If you are near to me you are more than welcome to come and try mineT:

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The reason the suspensions are being done at the dealers.... I was wrong
Its actually due to type approval so it seems
I might have quite a few Sportlines that have to be
registered this month
Maybe about 8 :eek:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts