VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went to dealers in bury st edmunds today and they have a new black swb sportline sitting there unsold, its been there for about a month .Keep trying to justify getting it but my van is just coming up to six months old any way be good for someone who dosent want to wait. One thing i did notice was the really bad swirl marks on the bonnet, wouldnt be happy if it was mine.

·
aka...The Chaos
256 Posts
went to dealers in bury st edmunds today and they have a new black swb sportline sitting there unsold, its been there for about a month .Keep trying to justify getting it but my van is just coming up to six months old any way be good for someone who dosent want to wait. One thing i did notice was the really bad swirl marks on the bonnet, wouldnt be happy if it was mine.
All new vehicles are like that after the dealers have been let loose on them, esp when you have metal halide lights to help with the lighting

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
All new vehicles are like that after the dealers have been let loose on them, esp when you have metal halide lights to help with the lighting
Yup, nothing quite like metal halides to show up anything - in other words, if it looks good under metal halide, it will be perfect in daylight !

Actually, sodium is slightly better for showing up colour differences - especially reds.

·
Registered
199 Posts
My vans covered in swirl marks in the sun light
Took it to a body shop to get sorted and it came back loverly and shiny but still with swirls
Think it's called the halo effect where it looks great in certain lights but in the sun you can see the mopping marks in 3D

Would love to know how to get rid of it :(
Was thinking of paying one of these detailing guys to have a look

Will never buy black again

Also this vw metallic seems to chip and mark really easy

·
Registered
585 Posts
My vans covered in swirl marks in the sun light
Took it to a body shop to get sorted and it came back loverly and shiny but still with swirls
Think it's called the halo effect where it looks great in certain lights but in the sun you can see the mopping marks in 3D

Would love to know how to get rid of it :(
Was thinking of paying one of these detailing guys to have a look

Will never buy black again

Also this vw metallic seems to chip and mark really easy
These can be easily removed if you know what your doing with a rotary polisher, by sounds of it the 3d marks you see are called holograms, these are caused by incorrect polishing with the rotary. Any detailer will be able to remove the swirls and holograms but is time consuming process, I did someones T5 while ago that took 3 days to get perfect :) *<:)>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts