VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could someone tell me in which position on the light switch are the front spots enabled?

Can they be used with just side lights on or does it have to be dipped beam like the rear fogs.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone know this as I'm not going to be using the lights as spots as I've got led's in them to match the R8 drls so just want them to use as extra drls when only side lights are on but I have a feeling the oem switch will only work when dipped beam is on.

Can someone confirm as I'm retro fitting them

·
Registered
625 Posts
Have a feeling my front fog lights work with just the side lights on, Rear fogs when head lights are on.

Cant check now but will do later when get van back.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
They are not spot bloody lights on the front, they are fog lights, ie put them on when its foggy. Expect a fine and a few points if you insist on using them when not foggy!

Even if you do fit LED's in them, you can probably still get done by a pi$$ed off traffic cop.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Depends on which switch it is

Mine are enabled on dipped beam.
But the switch I bought by mistake with the smaller socket on the back and has an Auto option seems to be enabled on Sidelights

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was looking at the switch that t4'srus sell for £19.99 so if anyone has bought that one, but I'm assuming it will be the same as an original one.

And I hope the plod are not that bothered about a side light led in my spot lights I mean fog lightsRasp:

·
Super Moderator
5,216 Posts
Just spoke to mudskipper on the phone and looking at the new kombi the front fogs come on on sidelights when you pull the lightswitch 1 click then rear fogs come on on the second pull of the switch. They do the same on dip beam too.

There you go mate.

No moaning about what the old bill will do to you cause quite frankly my dear.

1, I don't care

2, I don't moan what other people want to do

And

3, who gives a **** as life's too short;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts