VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys I lowered the t4 60mm a couple of weeks ago and having started to build my bed and storage in the back I have noticed a noise from the rear similar to that of when your brakes are binding on. Could the be the fact that the brake bias needs adjusting due to the van being lowered, if so how do I do that or test that that is the cause.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I had a really bad squeak from the back when the top bolt on my rear shock was just a little bit loose. The ungreased little swine took me ages to find!

Quiet as a baby now tho. T:

·
Super Moderator
5,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Listening to it maybe squeak doesn't best discribe it, it's more like the noise you get when you run you finger round the top of a glass and you get that high pitched whistle

·
Super Moderator
5,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just drove home from work and it wined again. Parked up at home and locked up, as I did I heard a clicking from the rear drivers wheel, put my hand near the disk and it was boiling where as the one on the othe side was cold. Looks like a seized calliper, dirt, or pads not moving freely.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Just had this on mine. Found the pads were sticking. If you take the pads out make sure it's clean under the sliding plates mine had collected rust making the pads to bind

·
Super Moderator
5,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just had this on mine. Found the pads were sticking. If you take the pads out make sure it's clean under the sliding plates mine had collected rust making the pads to bind
Cheers mate, going to pick up some copper grease from my parents on a min but its pouring outside at the mo and same forecast for tomorrow

1 - 12 of 12 Posts