VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi peeps

I have a problem with my side sliding door (well innitially thought it was the floor but now have established its the side door). When ever I'm travelling along a rough road (don't exactly know why I bother paying road tax, the roads round Bristol ae shocking) I get the most annoying squeak from the side door. I thought I had cracked the problem a couple of weeks ago with the seal and for about a week the squeak went away, then it mysteriously reappeared had another investigation and found one of the little rubber nipples at the back of the door had wound itself out causing the door to be held slightly adjar, wound it back in and the noise went away for another week. It is now back and it's driving me insane. A friend with another T4 recognised the sound and said his did the same. This noise is driving me crazy, can anyone help?? PLEASE!! Is it the door seal or is it the door itself, I'm at my wits end can anyone point me in the right direction?

Yours
Going crazy
Jody

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
mine was the same ended up being the seal i took the seal of gave it a good wash in hot soapy water and put it back on but when i put it back on i made sure it did not go in the same postion so rotate the half way i meen start it off in a diferent postion hope you understand what i meen

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks chaps, I did look at the witches hats and thought they looked very dry, will grease them puppies up now. The door seal is also coming off for a deep clean, gotta try both as the noise is killing my T4 fun. Thanks for the input guys much appreciated.

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
I changed the bits that the hats go into, two for £12 ish and jobs a good un.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:*:*:* just been out on the van, tried greasing up the witches hats took it for a spin round the block........ Still got the squeak / creak. Came back removed the rubber seal cleaned it right up and re-instated in a different position, took the van round the block again and the squeak is still there! Adjusted the roller arm at the top of the door and again spun it round the block it was slightly better but the [email protected]@tard thing is still creaking......... Raaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@ Tallwallfitter, I've got two kids that are less annoying than this door!! I ain't living with it!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi had this trouble on mine , turned out to be the very top seal above the sliding door fixed just below the roof line and not the rubber door seal , worth a try

Dave

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Had this issue on a T4 recently and it was the 2 round receivers on the B post that needed lubricating. As said previously, you can push them in a few mm and give them a turn whilst lubing them and they will stop squeeking.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts