VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, second post in a row today about my T4 Kombi Petrol from 2004.

I can hear a squealing noise when the van has been sitting outside overnight, you can hear it for a good 20 minutes driving then it fades away and after that can vaguely hear it when revving up a bit too aggressively. Do you think it's just a matter of checking/replacing the belts?

Recorded a video of the car idling, probably a good idea to turn the volume down!

·
Full of Cr*p....
9,128 Posts
Can't seem to edit my post, I think the BB tag is broken, here is the link to the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgKkUh8K1P4
Can't Edit unless you pay your tax......£10 to register (some complain, but for 10 quid.....it's lets than a drink in a pub!!!...and lasts for a year!)

From the vid that Lachlan posted for you (grattis), it sounds like either the belt is out of line, or a pulley is off-set

·
Registered
226 Posts
I had a similar noise when I replaced my cam belt. The upper backplate was slightly rubbing on the top cam sprocket where the shaft passes through the backplate. There are 2 screws holding the backplate to the head and I had just pulled it in to tight. Easily sorted once I found what it was.

But if you haven't worked on the engine and it just suddenly started then probably not the same cause!

Sound like metal on metal though which is what I had.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts