VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
started ply lining and insulation my van inside, noticed the side door is really squeeky when driving along, all my vans have done this..

Anyone come up with a solution?

·
Premium Member
5,238 Posts
If its a later van and has the locating pins, try giving them an oil up. Otherwise, try adjusting the rubbers on the bottom corner to make sure the door is tight when closed.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
228 Posts
oil where the male bit locates in the female bit! ooh err missus!,mine was exactly the same untill i tracked it down

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Mine squeeks:)

Have found by slamming door hard
9 times out of 10 it stops!

·
Registered
11,100 Posts
just a dab of grease in the female end of the locater helps,but a nember on here gave me a tip with mine-if you look at the female part of the locator on the b pillar,there is a circular hole and the side nearest the outside will be worn flat with rubbing causing the squeek,put a screwdriver in the centre of the locator push in and give it half a turn so there is a fresh/unworn part of the plastic on the outside T:T:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cheers guys, seriously annoying me, gotta get it sorted..!

My old 1.9 didnt have any adjustment on the door, i was gonna adjust the catch to make the door shut tighter but couldnt.

my new van is an 03 so maybe this has adjustment on?

Grease/oil/lube is the general concensus then! A:

·
Premium Member
5,238 Posts
As T4 Virgin said, make sure the female bit isn't stuck. I had to adjust the rubber on the bottom of the door (rear wheel side), this made sure the door shut tight.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts