VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I know this srs/seat thing has been covered countless times before, and I ave read various posts on here to get the answer I need, but sadly I cannot resolve my issue.

I own a 2006 T5 T30 shuttle converted to a day/ camper, and last year I sold my single front seats with airbags to a friend who then gave me his double and single combo in return, which don’t have airbags.

So now I get 2 warnings in the dash, one for airbag fault, and one for seatbelt tensioner ( I knew something like this would happen) when all was working fine before the switch, now I am left with a 3 wired yellow connector under each seat which require a resistor to complete the circuit.
I have not touched the seatbelt connector in the B panel.
My main issue is… what OHM resistor/s do I need to be able to reset the errors, and which two wires out of the three do I connect up to, I have tried various combinations with no much so far.
I think from memory, I have a green, white and brown on one side and a brown blue and yellow on the other side, not too sure about the second but I know one is a brown.

thanks in advance guys and gals.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
This won't be a massive help, but any BROWN wire will be an earth wire.

You can get wiring diagrams for your specific van, which there is a cost for from a web site, but I can't remember what it's called, someone hopefully will be along with that info.
If you can get your friends VIN number you should be able to get that wiring diagram too.
Hopefully then you might be able to work out what wires you need any resistor connecting to. As to it's value you'd have though by now someone would have done this successfully ?

·
Special Rapporteur
10,306 Posts
You can get wiring diagrams for your specific van, which there is a cost for from a web site, but I can't remember what it's called, someone hopefully will be along with that info.
The VW operated service is ErWin, and as CAT3 says, if you start your subscription with VIN numbers to hand, you should be able to get all of the wiring diagrams you need within an hour's subscription, I would think.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This won't be a massive help, but any BROWN wire will be an earth wire.

If you can get your friends VIN number you should be able to get that wiring diagram too.
Hopefully then you might be able to work out what wires you need any resistor connecting to. As to it's value you'd have though by now someone would have done this successfully ?
Yes, that is a good start, so maybe it’s the remaining 2 wires that need looping.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts