VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Looking for a full new stainless steal performance exhaust for my 1991 2.5di tdi Newcastle upon Tyne or there about.
Anyone know a company who could supply and fit one ? Want it to look as standard as possible twin pipe . Also do I need a cat on a 1991 T4? :* :ILU:

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
PP Tuning get my vote too. T:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re: SS Exhaust T4 Cat or Not ? Tyne & Wear

I have one to sell that is manifold back with a single exit each side. If you are interested let me know and I can ping you some photos.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Another vote for PP Tuning.
Do you need a cat?
You will need something that looks like a cat - the current MoT is a 'smoke test' so no measuring emission gases etc like a petrol engine, just smoke, the MoTer should look for the presence of a cat and if your van had one on at manufacture which in 2001 it did, it should have one, ( if it has a dummy cat it should pass no problems).

·
Registered
160 Posts
I'm not overly impressed with PP tuning to be honest, on the face of it it looks good, but 3 years down the line my front box mounting brackets have both ripped off from the pipe, not a great welding job, also the front pipe flange is not stainless steel, just mild steel, and mine is very badly corroded. Haven't replied to my emails and they haven't returned my calls. Lets see how good their lifetime warranty is.
To be continued.....

·
Premium Member
1,017 Posts
I'm happy with my SS exhaust (plus decat) from Bluebird. must be 5 yrs now since I fitted the full system and it still looks good with no issues so far (touchwood). they also offer a lifteime warranty (to original owner)

·
Premium Member
2,592 Posts
I'm not overly impressed with PP tuning to be honest, on the face of it it looks good, but 3 years down the line my front box mounting brackets have both ripped off from the pipe, not a great welding job, also the front pipe flange is not stainless steel, just mild steel, and mine is very badly corroded. Haven't replied to my emails and they haven't returned my calls. Lets see how good their lifetime warranty is.
To be continued.....
I have had one in my car for 3 years now and all seems fine still. The welds were good and have no problems at all. Send them a message in their facbook page. They will respond.
I dont remember if I checked the metal on the flange but I was under the car last week and the flange looked dirty by not rusty.

·
T4's rock
262 Posts
To be continued.....
Had a problem with mine too (mounting bracket fell off) but I phoned and they sent me another in the post the following day, can't say fairer than that!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Credit where credits due. Got a response from Jason at PPT asking for the exhaust back, just took it off, gave them a call and I am waiting for courier to pick it up in next 24 hours.
So far so good.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts