VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.

Time has come that the van will need a new exhaust. And it makes sence to me for it to be a stainless system. Just after some advice.

Obviously the cat will be going. And I'm wanting a quad rear exit. Just wondering what size pipe and should I have some silencers and how many? I'm after something that sounds well and announces my arrival without ing the neighbors off every time I go up the road. Any help and surgestions gratly appreciated

An happy new year every one

·
Registered
349 Posts
Powerflow I would suggest, Make owt you want & reasonably priced too

Search the threads to see what others have done,

Plenty gone down the Longlife/powerflow route T:

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
try looking on ebay mate itl give you some ideas and even supliers.....got my system from p p tuning.......top system,,,looks and sound!!!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Not sure what engine you have but I have a stainless system on a 2.5Tdi that is more or less just straight pipe work, dual exit with 4 inch oval tail pipes it was custom made and fitted to the van by a company outside Birmingham think it cost £500 ish.

As for noise it sounds good nice throaty rumble on tick over (Mine is 5 cylinder not sure if a 4 would be a throaty), not stupidly loud if you want to leave your house early morning you can get out without waking the neighbours. Unless you don’t like them then at full revs I have been told its louder than a lambo. Can’t say it causes any problems in the van it is a bit louder but I also have a K&N induction kit so you hear the turbo more than the engine.

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeh it's the 2.5tdi 88bhp engine

So a strate through with no silences or boxes wasent too loud? Sounds like it mite be for me then.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
We can do you the system you talking of for £385 delivered, ready to fit A:
Quad rounds full system in mandrel bent stainless T:
Have a look in our gallery under our username on here or nip over our website for a peak I:
Happy new year everyone to :ILU:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Sounds like a good deal to me..

Think you will be surprised how little noise the van make with minimal boxes unless you are up around 4000 RPM but even standard system is loud then. I would say it make about half the noise of my Mk1 golf.

I need to get my altinator back on tomor then I can make you a recording if you want to hear it.

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeh a recording would be good always nice to here an engine noise wen ur bored lol.

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We can do you the system you talking of for £385 delivered, ready to fit A:
Quad rounds full system in mandrel bent stainless T:
Have a look in our gallery under our username on here or nip over our website for a peak I:
Happy new year everyone to :ILU:
How much would fitting be? As your not a million miles away? Assuming you fit too?

Thanx

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Hi, yer we fit too, same price as your a forum member T:
Hows that then A:
All the best for new year you guys :D
Let me know if you interested in the system.
jason

·
Registered
768 Posts
Custom pipes in donny would be my choice
I got mine from there ,think it was £280 fitted
That got me the the full system Inc front pipe from the turbo ,decat,1 small box
And twin exit tailpipes 1 at each side all in 2.5" stainless

I am near meadow hall if you want to come and see it

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi, yer we fit too, same price as your a forum member T:
Hows that then A:
All the best for new year you guys :D
Let me know if you interested in the system.
jason
Hey. Do you do any other styles of exit pipes or just the rounds?
And how long would it take to fit?

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Hi, yes we do ovals, flat ovals, letter box, twin square, slashed back, dtm upswept and lots of others, have a look in our gallery on the forum here under our name, lots of customers vans pics on there, fitting takes 30 mins thats all.
If you have a tail pipe you have in mind send me a pic, ill see if i can match it. T:

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Iv had a look today on the net and I like the look of these. Not seen anything in your gallery that similar so let me know. http://image.europeancarweb.com/f/9325060/0608_EC_12z+BMW_E46_M3+Exhaust_Tips.jpg

Hope the link works think there similar to the tips on the BMW m5.
Thanx
Hi, yes we can do that no problem have done a couple like this before, its like the twin small dtm non upswept type.
Do you want the same on both sides or just one side out the back?
A:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts