VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was underneath my van today and the exhaust is not looking to good in places so instead of going for a standard exhaust I was thinking of paying a little bit more and going for a twin tail stainless exhaust. But what do I need to know or ask for when pricing this up ?? I'm hoping to hit the 150 bhp eventually so need a system that will cope with it.

thanks s T:

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
thanks cloudnine. T:
Let us know what you want, we can make it and send it to you to fit, all brackets bolts etc included, some in stock and on the shelf.A:
Cheers jason

·
Registered
682 Posts
I used pptuning too and I can't complain although they actually fitted mine for me. I only asked for one silencer (2.5 petrol) and it sounds awesome at tickover but between 3000- 4000rpm, I can't hear the radio :eek:. If you are there PP, what would it cost to get another silencer in? I:

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
H Sam giz a buzz, 01507 611088, we can sort another box for you no probs at all, and here was me thinking you liked the growl H: I:

·
Registered
682 Posts
I love the growl T: T: T: it's the deafening drumming sound at certain revs, which I am pretty sure has more to do with the acoustics of this big metal box I drive than anything. I'm looking for an excuse to drive out to the coast again, how long will it take to stick another silencer in?. Just off to work now so will call you after the weekend but may still be emailing at 4 in a morning :eek: The life of a sound engineer :(

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
PP-Tuning you say ?

Great guys to deal with got this one through the post and fitted it meself, all the bolts, brackets and do-da-s included.
Top blokes.

Sounds sweet as, just 1 silencer, you can even hear the turbo cut in on gear changes, me likes......

Regards, Steve W....

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok well I went to rebel Powell pipes yesterday and had a chat with the guy there and he quoted me £340+vat for fitting a full stainless system which includes 1 small silencer-and a split system with a tailpipe either side and its all powerflow and the pipe is 2 1/4inch what you guys think to that ?

·
Registered
127 Posts
ok well I went to rebel Powell pipes yesterday and had a chat with the guy there and he quoted me £340+vat for fitting a full stainless system which includes 1 small silencer-and a split system with a tailpipe either side and its all powerflow and the pipe is 2 1/4inch what you guys think to that ?
Hi, oh mate im not being funny but have you had any work done by them before???
I like you went to them last year, got a good price for a twin out the back and single box for my t4 and got it booked in.took them ALL DAY from 8.30 til 5.45 of me waiting around to get it done, but more worrying was the fact these two kids they got working there were spending most of the time warming things up with oxy acetylene :eek: Anyway when i came to take the van away as soon as i started it the exhaust rattled on the under body, i went back in and was told it will settle after a couple of days :* i gave it two days and went back, they put it on the ramp and used pieces of tube wedged under my van :eek: to try and ease it off as they said, putting a nice dent in my under floor, to which they said, "well you cant see it as you have boarding down" :( it did stop vibrating on the body for about two weeks until one day there was a big bang.i took it to a mates garage who was nearer and put it on his ramp, he said the welding was AWEFULLL :eek: all blobed and burnt a hole in the box were they had tried to weld a mount on,which is what snapped off.Took it back and the guy said had i been doing any off roading.!!! :eek::eek: The3y put it on ramp and get this, put three jubillee clips together to go round my box to hold the mount on.!!!!!!
Day later it starting blowing at the front flange.
I gave up going back there after the poor service and damage to my van and as they clearly dont know what they are doing.
Called into PP TUNING took them 45mins to fit a full system, no rattles bangs or dents in my van and no problems at all and also very nice guys, not rude or pushy and they dont have burning gear under your van either.A:
If your local you will know of and of heard of some of the local car clubs having just the same problems, hence why now ive found out rebel move so many times. :eek:

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Thank you for the praise Jo.
We cannot of course comment on other companies work, it isnt good business manners, all we do is hope that our customers are very happy with our quality tested and guaranteed products that we develop and dont copy.
All our staff our fully trained and we are fully insured also. T:

·
Registered
192 Posts
PP-Tuning you say ?

Great guys to deal with got this one through the post and fitted it meself, all the bolts, brackets and do-da-s included.
Top blokes.

Sounds sweet as, just 1 silencer, you can even hear the turbo cut in on gear changes, me likes......

Regards, Steve W....

How much for LWB one of these posted?? :confused:

·
Registered
303 Posts
The PPT boys are fantastic , good friendly service and the work is a piece of art !! .... mine sounds so nice now, just awaiting remap to get the full benefit! cant recommend them enough . never done one before but it is so well made that my old one was off and new one on in the street no ramps in 45 minutes

·
Registered
192 Posts
A;ready have a full stainless with no boxes. Its was on the van when i got it. The tips dictate it was done by custom chrome. Each section is welded(terribly) to the next, its rattle like a jar of loose nuts, one of the rear hangers has come off now, the de-cat pipe hanger is welded to the top of the pipe which hangs the pipe itself low, which in turn means the welded together system is twisted. It need taking off and customising or replacing. I want to just replace it with something as close to it as i can find. :cool:

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
we generally try and deliver within a few working days, most of the 7 types we do are on the shelf, but to try to keep all with all types of tailpipes can be a bit :*I: but we do try H:
We now have a mandrel bender, so all our work will improove with better gas flow and better bends to, and we are going to use a slighlty smaller wall thickness to so less resonation. T:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts