VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hoping somebody might be able to help out. My beloved T reg 2.5 T4 Camper Van which has given many miles of sterling service has started cutting out while being driven. This is intermittent but is occurring increasingly often and this week occurred as I was driving home from work through the contraflow on the M4 just outside Cardiff. . . . I have a very, very good ex-VW dealer mechanic who looks after the van and he is baffled.

I can be driving along and with no warning the engine cuts out. After stopping, the engine will not start for several minutes. All of the ignition lights come on except the glow plug light. Eventually after several minutes (and a good build up of traffic behind) it will start and drive off. Sometimes it happens again soon after. Sometimes it drives for many miles without stopping. My mechanic has changed the glow plug and the fuel filter but it has not improved things. Most frequently it occurs when the van is slowing down, but it has happened on a few occasions at speed.

The OBD has now been throwing up an error code: 17571 Fuel Temp Sensor for some time but this predates the current problem. We plan to replace that next week but I wondered if anybody else had had similar problems and any advice? The van is reaching the point where it is happening so often that it is almost unusable.

Many thanks for any help you can offer

Nick

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Not sure about diesels but the 2.5 petrol is fitted with an ecu relay that can cause problems like that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts