VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if it's possible to convert a Standard temperature/fan/ direction dials to the climatic system if the van has air con?
I have no intention of doing it as I'm guessing it would cost mega bucks and involve taking most of the dash out.

On a separate note, do the back lights for the switches in the central dash panel on the 5.1 have purple lights or white ones as I wouldn't mind changing it.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
bit more info about your van would be good fella, year, engine etc etc T:
the early dials, white n black can be changed for red black on some models but it requires some leccy mods.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, It's an 05 Kombi 2.5. It has the full electric pack, drivers pack, electric sunroof, half MDF display (doesnt have CANBUS thank goodness!) so being quite a high model I was thinking most of it would/could already be there:D

I was just wondering really as my dial for directing the airflow has jammed between the dreaded 12 and 3'o'clock positions. and the new centre console is really growing on me now:D But if it would be a straight swap for standard dials I may consider it.

I'll have to check out the other post that someone did listing all the parts.*<:)>

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks- dont suppose you know where the thread is- I've hunted every section on the T5 section and now have resorted to using the search function!
Its the one that has all the part numbers etc

I'm convinced Marktheplumber did it but looking through his posts I cant find any references

CheersT:

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Don't you have to modify the air vents?:*

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
I'm interested in the op's original question. Has anyone got any info on changing to the digital climatic heater controls on the T5?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hi Guy's,

Just a hunch but if my previous VAG cars are anything to go by the earlier models have manual / cable operated flaps for directing the air flow, were the later climatic models have servo's on the flaps ('cos you're not manually moving the flaps via the controls). So, I would think that not only would the front panel need changing with the newer dials, but you would also need mod's to replace the manual flap adjuster with servo's. But I do think the later heating / AC dials look a lot smarter than the earlier one's.

John

1 - 10 of 10 Posts