VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon all

I have a standard velle triple in my van it folds flat......what im interested in is has anone turned it into a bed....I was thinking about a fold out platform system to fold from a parcel shelf behind the seat over the folded triple and final sitting on legs at the front so a three panel hindged system.........

Has anyone done this or anything similar?????

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Have seen a van with a made up parcel shelf that sits at the same height as the folded down triple. It also had 2 units behind the drivers seat. 1 of them was fixed and contained a fridge unit. The other was movable and to gain the extra length for the bed, was positioned in front of the seat and 2 folded down flaps were opened up and supported giving an extra platform the full width of the van. He also had 3 sections of covered foam that then made up the matress.

Was a simple solution and worked well.

Hope you managed to follow all thatI:

:ILU:

·
Meithered to death
2,859 Posts
Dont fancy sleeping in the awning again Matt?

Good idea what you thinkin about and should be easy enough to build,just hammer them screws in tightT:

·
Registered
11,100 Posts
i had this set up before i bought a rnr bed,triple caravelle rear seat folding forwards with a wooden platform like a parcel shelf behind which had cooker,gas bottle etc stored under it,the bonus for me was this was all i needed as im only 5'4 and can sleep across the van :D

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dont fancy sleeping in the awning again Matt?

Good idea what you thinkin about and should be easy enough to build,just hammer them screws in tightT:
Basically wanna be locked in safe away from Hendrix hes been spending to much time with conspiracy....................:(

yep all of the above was what I was thinking........................

·
Premium Member
2,561 Posts
hes been spending to much time with conspiracy....................:(

QUOTE]

Not Jealous are you mate?
Conspiracy's not that interested in me - I'm not closely enough related to him - there's no direct blood link....................................yet !:eek:

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dont mention blood Its only just stopped bleeding you freakRasp:Rasp:Rasp:Rasp: and before you say it it had nothing to do with that badgerI:

·
Registered
289 Posts
hi mate i have made mine into a bed but i have put my triple in the middle and built box in the back so when seat is folded down the same height works really well and loads of storage good luck

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yep done this and it works a treat, Ikea do some nice ligtweight table legs for £1.75 each which you need to cut down for the supports for the forwards section . Can use the same for the rear section (or just use ply as uprights ), top the lot with an ikea matress base and its a very comfy bed for a night or 2, at low cost.

I have sold my caravelle, and I think most if not all the bits of wood and the legs are still in the garage so if anyone wants them. Just let me know. If the system works for you may then want to do it in vohringer to get a better weight/ appearance. Thats was always the plan but never quite got round to it. Steve

·
Registered
683 Posts
Just installed a triple rear seat in mine, gonna build a boot/platform behind it & you guessed it when the seat is folded flat a board that comes over to extend it. That with a small unit for the fridge cooker & sink & some swivel fronts & I should be sorted.

Anyone got pics of theirs?

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
a few of the guys with ex aa vans have done this too.
basic wooden platform thats same height as seats when folded forward and then a futon matteress or similar thrown over top. T:

·
Registered
229 Posts
this is what ive done with mine ! hope it helps

1 - 14 of 14 Posts