VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hi everyone ..

after much reading , saving and having to start saving again after a engine prob which set me back almost 900 quid before xmas .

i ve finaly started my first 1.9td 98

this is her in 2007

over the 3 years i ve only managed to do the following in order
replace front speakers and player
clear indicators
mg zr seats
18 inch rims
limo windows
head linning covered and led's fitted
dropped 60mm drop
full exhaust
new battery
ikea full bed
lots of engine bits lol

so after a few years buying kayaks and trying to find the time to make a start on my bus the day came at last , and the vw bug has hit me again T:

after a few weeks off work and not being able to do anything exspect surf the net , i started shopping :(

ordered ply kit with roof panels
bought rear roof speaker box
x2 12v down lights
6x9 speakers
5m speaker cable
insulation
tape

after a visit to the quack i was given the green light to go back to work and to do light exercise H: happy days ..

parked the bus outside my house and made a start on the saturday .
the old ply panels are nt that bad but i wanted new ones in so ripped it all out along with the floor and roof panels leaving what i thought would a nice clean surface to start ...doh

as you can see the old panels are not to bad , sliding door panel was abit messy and the floor is in a state so out they all came and i was left with this ..

there was alsorts under that ply , i think the metal work under the floor had been sprayed with wax oil and i found some sticky black tar like stuff which is turning out to be a pain to get up off the foor .

the plan to hammerite the floor had to be put off while i found out what would remove this sticky black stuff , so i cracked on with the insulation .

i ' am not going to put you all to sleep with the in and outs of insulation :cool:
i managed to get all the panels done , the roof , one panel fitted and the speaker cable fitted from the rear to the head unit . the grab handles on the pillars had me stumped for a while but got them off in the end T:

should get the heading done on monday and the led's drilled and wired . i still have to find two strips that hold up the roof panels , when i find them i can re-fit the roof panels and install the rear speaker box . its great to see it all start coming together , but still so much to do ..

on the saturday i shot across to see my sister and her partner was kind enough to give me a hand taking the bulk head out .
it was nt to bad to remove , i bought the drill bits to remove the spot welds but found that using a grinder was much easier .
all in all i think it took about 2hrs to remove , and i ' am no diy expert lol

on the sunday i managed to put two tins of hammerite down on the floor . even tho its not going to be seen , its worth it in the long run .
today i bought another tin of hammerite and finished off the wheel arch'es , i also got the centre roof strips rubbed down and srayed matt black .

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

got linning finished ..

for some reason it looks dirty in the pic :confused:

a pillars are getting spayed so it wont be long till my cab is back together . just got to trim the light fitting hole to tidy it up .

won a carvelle map light on e-bay so it will be a nice change instead of the standard one with no map light .

anyone know where you can buy the led replacement bulbs for the standard lights ?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
managed to get the roof strips and door handles rubbed down and srayed today .
not bad for my first ever attemp at spraying .

curtain rail fittings should arrive soon :ILU:

kind of stuck now till i decide which lights to instal , i car nt recover the roof boards till then .
also waiting for a hand to do the carpeting , the goodies are sitting waiting to go in and i just wanna crack on ...

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Picked my van up from the spray shop this morning A:

What a wkd job they have done , she looks like a new van T:

This is my first decent motor ive ever had , i always bought cheap run arounds till they died on me . Loving my bus , had her 3years now .

will get some better pics at the weekend when i get a chance and some new number plates .

i was hoping to have the sidebars on today before work but they must of got held up in the bank hol post :(

hopefully this weekend i'll have tidytransporter sidebars on and wind deflectors fitted ;)

·
Banned
1,762 Posts
Picked my van up from the spray shop this morning A:

What a wkd job they have done , she looks like a new van T:

This is my first decent motor ive ever had , i always bought cheap run arounds till they died on me . Loving my bus , had her 3years now .

will get some better pics at the weekend when i get a chance and some new number plates .

i was hoping to have the sidebars on today before work but they must of got held up in the bank hol post :(

hopefully this weekend i'll have tidytransporter sidebars on and wind deflectors fitted ;)
hi your van has taken shape mate , good luck

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i ' ve been abit lazy with my posts so here's where i ' am up to so far

it was nt done by me lol , i would never have attemped it . but it does need two people and a lot of time if you want right first time .

i think mike had been to close to the glue for to long LOL:

good job done . just need to find trim for around the windows and caps for rounded screw heads to finish the job off .

i ve fitted saab 95 grey leather inplace of my mg seats . nice ;)

the alloys have been sold and iam running on standard steels at the mo :( due to a 2200 mile trip to the french alps T:

should have more post soon when i get some time off ..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.