Discussion Starter #23
Brakes on now looking fresh.
Sorry for all the boring pictures

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
I dont want to sound negative or cause offence but im confused
Why paint the calipers and then put them on carriers that look like they haven't even been cleaned?
And photos suggest you have only replaced one suspension spring but springs should always be replaced in pairs

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I dont want to sound negative or cause offence but im confused

Why paint the calipers and then put them on carriers that look like they haven't even been cleaned?

And photos suggest you have only replaced one suspension spring but springs should always be replaced in pairs
I only had 1 hour to do the job yesterday morning before work. The calipers was new so could be painted without the need to be cleaned. The carriers are well rusty so will need a deep clean to be painted but I'm thinking of pricing up new ones then paint them then fit after.
Only one spring was broken so it was a quick / cheap fix to get it through mot as I plan to lower the van in the near future.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Fitted some alloy wheels this morning.
Just while I decide on bigger ones.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Coming along nicely, getting all the issues sorted before you start moding T:
Cheers mate.
Yes making sure the van is running spot on and everything mechanical is sorted then I'll start with the mods.
These wheels are temp or cheap if I decide to buy them as they were off my mates t5

·
Premium Member
1,085 Posts
Cheers mate.
Yes making sure the van is running spot on and everything mechanical is sorted then I'll start with the mods.
These wheels are temp or cheap if I decide to buy them as they were off my mates t5

A nice set of 19's will really set the van off. Once you start on mods, it's a long fun journey that changes quite often as you delve further into what options are available T:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
A nice set of 19's will really set the van off. Once you start on mods, it's a long fun journey that changes quite often as you delve further into what options are available T:
I keep looking at all sorts to mod the van and your van hasn't helped that bug either haha
I looked at your van and now find myself looking for t5.1 front end parts.
I cant decide on 19s or 20s to be honest

·
Premium Member
1,085 Posts
I keep looking at all sorts to mod the van and your van hasn't helped that bug either haha
I looked at your van and now find myself looking for t5.1 front end parts.
I cant decide on 19s or 20s to be honest

LOL: sorry Chris I: It's only going to get worse too, well better, depends how you look at it.

I have heard 20s can be a bit noisy and less comfortable, but that could also be contributed by the suspension set up. I'd love to get coilovers at some point.

·
Registered
8,151 Posts
Is that a 6 speed conversion youre fitting Chris ? ....oooops ,sorry :unsure:
No dont even think about it ...i knew i shouldn't have mentioned it .
Your list should is already long enough without people putting more ideas into your head :LOL:.
Carry on the good work mate (y)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Is that a 6 speed conversion youre fitting Chris ? ....oooops ,sorry :unsure:
No dont even think about it ...i knew i shouldn't have mentioned it .
Your list should is already long enough without people putting more ideas into your head .
Carry on the good work mate (y)
Haha I did think about the 6 speed conversion but I don't fancy taking the box out again.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Box out old VERY worn flywheel off.
New flywheel and clutch on.
All rebuilt now.
Another job done.

21 - 40 of 128 Posts