VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon all,

I need some help.... my 1999 1.9 td has been playing up.

First thing in the morning it starts bang on. When i turn off the engine after journies (long enough for it to warm up) it will not start back up again. it turns over but will not fire. if i walk away swearing and come back 5 mons laters starts first time!!

if anyone has any advise on what could be wrong it would be greatly appriciated.

·
Registered
306 Posts
take a look at the fuel cut off valve.

mine did exactly the same, so to get to it i had to remove the immobilisor from the rear of the fuel pump (2.4 aab bosch) and replace the cut off valve, there about £30 ish and easy to do once youve got past the immobilisor. (do not hit the immobilisor with a piece of wood and a hammer)

dont forget to replace the immobilisor with an aftermarket one, i went for a thatcham, very good.

to test it you should hear a click from the rear of the fuel pump when you turn the ingnition on, (ask some one to do this whilst you listen)

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
could be the above or it could be the ignition switch too
The fuel cut off needs a feed to it with the ignition in the on position and the crank position a worn one may have a feed when in on position but "loose" the feed when in the crank position.
the electrics pack on the ignition maybe at fault ....bad contacts generate heat ....heat causes expansion .......expansion creats an even worse contact..............................let it cool a while and contact comes back ?????????????????
Just an idea.......I've come across it more than once

1 - 3 of 3 Posts