VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, I have been saving really hard and reading a lot of the forums in order to gain some knowledge from those that have gone before. I have just taken delivery of a T6 HL SWB Kombi and have started the conversion process to a camper van.

I have a question to you all, what's the best thing to do with all the bits I no longer need? I have the Kombi Seats (2 seater & single) the floor mounts, tie down loops, rubber spongy floor, rear seat belts and cards. The van had done 16miles when I received it so all these items are as new out of the factory.

Where is the best place to sell them? Do I sell them individually, i.e. seats / Floor / belts or as a job lot. I have somewhere to store them so in no rush but am looking at recovering some costs to help pay for all the new bits I need. Is Ebay a good starter?

Just want to say I have found these threads and especially the pictures posted by members to be so helpful in giving me the confidence to start my own conversion. I will post up some pics of my progress as I go through the conversion process and hopefully they will assist someone else thinking of doing their own conversion.

Cheers Simmo.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Good luck bud ! I don't have any problems with ebay but some people hate it
If you know how much you want try selling your bits on here or gumtree as there's no fees !
Advanced warning VW,s are an addiction and you can't sell your spare organs on ebay !

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
Welcome $immo and I will look forward to the build threadT:
Try Facebook marketplace and the various T6 community groups aswell as the places mentioned above

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your replies guys, its already beginning to be an expensive hobby, however an enjoyable one. I am bound to have a load of questions on the way and I am grateful to the experience on these threads and the friendly nature of the replies.

I will have a look at some of the Facebook / eBay markets. Any ball park figures on items. I've just seen a factory rubber mat on eBay for £300!! which seems a lot for a used rubber mat, however no one had bought it yet :)

Good idea posting them on here, i'll have a look at getting some pics sorted. Many thanks

Simmo.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Depends on the market, i sold ours as a complete setup and got about £800 for the lot. You might get more selling it separately but you might also end up with bits you just won't shift. It can be a fickle market

·
Registered
214 Posts
You should sell them quick, I did, seats and belts went to one chap on here so I won't disclose how much for and the soft rubber floor and lashing points went for £170. I think they are £330 new for LWB that is.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts