VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a problem starting my 1.9d when cold. i only have it come around this time of year when the temp starts to drop i also get it at the end of the day when coming home from work. the van turns ove but just doesn't fire. i have spoken briefly to vw and they say its prob the glow plugs my light only comes on breifly not long at all. they told me to check they are getting the correct voltage but couldnt tell me what this is? they also told me to check the fuse where do i find this fuse? i cant see it in the fuse box?? can anyone please help has anyone else had this problem and how did they solve it? i have found that by sitting there cranking it over and over it will eventualy start but fell this is not good for the engine.
cheers jimmyT:

·
Registered
898 Posts
Hi Jimmy,do a search mate-loads on glowplugs.Depends what year van you have,the fuse may be on the drivers wing or near the battery under a black cover.50 ampT:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cheers mate i did have a quick search but my patience was running out and just wanted the bloody thing to start, past two mornings not started at all. im going to have a good look at it today. cheers again mate T:

·
Its about time I showed up
11,653 Posts
I have same prob, turns over for a bit then fires. Its defo the glow plugs mate T: And yes a bit of smoke on first start then nothing all day. Wierd :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts