VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cant currently afford new tyres for my 18's, so i got an set of old steelies and some spray tins :ILU:...
the old look...

the new look...

Good look or not?
Already had the 'nice space savers' joke at work all day. Might not be to everyones taste but i'm lovin them, nice break from the audi wheels, hopefully get the same front tyres to match the rears soon - when i got some cash.

·
Registered
865 Posts
I cant currently afford new tyres for my 18's, so i got an set of old steelies and some spray tins :ILU:...
the old look...

the new look...

Good look or not?
Already had the 'nice space savers' joke at work all day. Might not be to everyones taste but i'm lovin them, nice break from the audi wheels, hopefully get the same front tyres to match the rears soon - when i got some cash.
Mate, they look amazing! I'm considering going back to steelies and this has inspired me, how did you get the flouro part to look so good? careful masking??

I'm far up north enough to not look like im copying H:

·
Its about time I showed up
11,653 Posts
I think they look real good.
See quite a few chav cars done this way but it looks so much better on a van.
Nice work! A:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Class,class, class.
I have a 2nd hand set of alloys on mine and I keep thinking of putting the steelies back on and painting them white, but red and black is amazing. And it's same colour van too. How did you do it?

·
Premium Member
4,248 Posts
Looking good T:. The orange/red works sooo well with the blue:cool:.

Painted steelies are cool but don't everyone do it or they'll be the 'new audi wheel' :D.

I keep getting people saying they know of some alloys for my van if I want them, :* off, some people just don't get it.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Cheers guys, glad you like them T:
It took about 4hrs total, it was a bit of an experiment really, the wheels were in good condition so it didnt take long to clean them up, sprayed them gloss black, left them in the sun to dry then masked them with tape, the fluoro didnt show up straight on the black so i had to use a white primer first, the masking tape pulled some of the black off, i havent laquered them either so it may start coming off - but i'm not that fussed, wont take long to redo and it was dirt cheap!
There was a chav wagon in front on me on sunday, he had a small red lip on his expensive looking alloys, and people were pointing at my van wheels - he didnt look too happy Rasp:
I'm liking the comfy ride too, not that the 18's were horrible, but this is luxury! :ILU:

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks guys
Liking the steel wheel crew :ILU:
Defo a little different/custom styley T:
White walls ... expensive?

A closer look...

The wheels...

Black coat...

Fluoro, it was so hard to get the camera to pick up how bright they really are...

Weights and all sprayed, white detailing...

I think this is the larger pic...

·
Premium Member
4,248 Posts
I thought they were the early type but couldn't tell in the smaller pictures, I so much prefer the early ones, people didn't even realise what mine were when I first did them, everyones used to the round hole later ones, looking good T:.

Seeing as everyone else has, here's mine :D

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
and mine... 16" mercs... those at t4fest will have all seen these. have found some centre caps that fit between the nuts. have to debadge them and put something else in the middle. cant believe what i found them on:eek:

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Oo I'm liking them, laquered as well? and no weights? I'm guessing i'll have to do some respraying when i get new tyres and rebalancing :confused: can they put weights on the inside like they do with alloys? I've left the centre cap matt black for now, i was in a rush, might gloss it when i come to respray the wheels. :ILU:
Yeh i much prefer the earlier steels, and i havent seen many about. T:

1 - 20 of 58 Posts