VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
This is a route i quite fancy taking if I go down the T4 route, stander wheels for extra lowness.

How about getting the original steels banded for extra width, someone had some pics of a setup like this a few weeks back, looked impressive. Plus cheaper tyres!!! :D

·
Registered
85 Posts
I've seen everything from £50 per rim for a 15" thru to £220 a pair. All I know is your gonna wanna make sure it's a good job, especially with the weight of a van on em!!

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
too right mate,think alot of the dubclique members hav gone thru the dude at bandedsteels.com,he takes a proper engineering aproch to it,hav heard no complaints,only thing that puts me off is the fact that in running 16`s with 195/50/16`s probably lowered it 100/120mm now an that wheel an tyre set up is looking a bit lost in the arches!:(:ILU:

·
Registered
85 Posts
I got some banded ones from bandedsteels for my old bug, had the welds smoothed out on them too and I have to say they did look top notch. Continously machine welded, cost a fair bit but I had full confidence in them, seen some real shoddy home made ones tacked together by some kid with his early learning centre mig for beginners!!

The way I see it is, it may cost say £400 for a full set but I dare say they'll be stronger and look cooler than another set of audi reps of simillar pricing, plus as said earlier, save a few quid on tyres!! :D

·
Registered
85 Posts
oh, have you got any pics of your van?? You must be running quite a low profile tyres for the wheels to look lost, especially with that drop. Thats another thing about 15"s, I'm a sucker for fat tyres, I think it's from being brought up on minis with 10" wheels and big chunky rubber!! :D

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
only just read ur post before,im a coded welder an fully skilled fabricator,id rather spend the money than do it myself,that blokes been doing it for ages,must of done 100`s of rims,if they fell apart he`d of gone out of business a long time ago!:ILU:

·
Registered
85 Posts
I love that van, never realised it was yours :D Your right, them wheels do look lost strangely, nice choice of rolling stock tho!!

As for my love of chunky tyres, that aint gonna change!! lol I'll leave the stretch to all the cool scene kids! :p Just you waint, fat tyres will be back!!! :D

·
Registered
85 Posts
Just type something like "banded" or "lowered" into the search function, loadsa threads came up when I was having a nosey last night!! :D

·
Registered
85 Posts
A drop like that would be cool but I can't help thinking you'd constantly get pulled for looking overloaded!! lol

·
Premium Member
4,248 Posts
Here's mine lowered (not enough) on standard early steelies, it does sit level when on the flat T:.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts