VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Hi fella...

If i remember right the 2 sizes are 17mm & 27mm... the earlier vans being the 20mm spline... my memory is sh!t tho, so i might be few mil out or summat...I:...

Ant...T:

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
hi all im looking for a steering wheel boss/hub kit for a n reg t4 i was told there's 2 types with different size splines :confused: , does anyone know what size i'll need & where i can get one
thanks
I have one I got off ebay for my '99 which doesn't work your welcome to give it a go if you want (Pm me).

·
Registered
126 Posts
i'm in the same boat mate, i'm also after a boss kit for my 95 T4, have rang T4sRus but they dont sell them anymore, have seen a few on internet but they dont self cancel indicators, if you find any can ya let me know and if i do i'll let you know also. good luck

Dan

·
Registered
5 Posts
On newer vehicles with the airbag clock spring, the self cancel feature as well as the horn become non-functional. On my older mk1 and mk2 VW's, there was never an issue. I had to really put some time in to get the horn functional on my Passat, but the self cancel never worked right. I plan on replacing the wheel in my van soon, I will let you know how that goes. T:

·
Registered
649 Posts
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200676716620?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_1259wt_821

I just sent these guys a message to check the copper runner and wires are all there ready for horn push.. Will let you know how that goes. Otherwise they say it does self cancel. Fingers are crossed.
I've bought this boss after trying two others for my P reg 1996 T4. The other two fit the spline but don't fit all the way down so the indicator self cancel doesn't work. Will let you know how I get on with this one??T:

·
Registered
649 Posts
I've bought this boss after trying two others for my P reg 1996 T4. The other two fit the spline but don't fit all the way down so the indicator self cancel doesn't work. Will let you know how I get on with this one??T:
The new boss fits and cancels the indicators: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200676716620?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_1278wt_689 I have two boss that fit the spline but do not fit all the way on to cancel the indicators so anyone feel free to PM me if you want them

·
Registered
180 Posts
The new boss fits and cancels the indicators: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200676716620?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_1278wt_689 I have two boss that fit the spline but do not fit all the way on to cancel the indicators so anyone feel free to PM me if you want them
Sweet, mine has not yet arrived but pleased to hear when it does it'll fit! Now to strip and re-laquer the old steering wheel. Adrian flux told me i could do what i wanted as long as i didn't change the bhp or exceed 9 persons. I recon they wont be interested in this mod but.. Some people on other forums tell of insurance reductions for removable steering. Could be worth people checking out. Just be aware you would invalidate your insurance if you went into the supermarket without your wheel. The dentist even. He would think you were nuts sat in the chair, wheel in hands! :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts