VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks...

Sorry, another Q for yours truly... I want new steering wheel for my T4 but am unsure of what works what... Is the boss the thing that controls the horn, self stopping indicator and the fact the wheel spins back after turning full lock etc...?

If so, can anyone recommend a good, but not bank breaking boss for am 02 plate T4. Any good wheel recs would also be cool... I have done a search and seen a couple but when looking them up they were £200+... That is what I consider bank breaking...

Do you generally get what you pay for with the wheels or can you buy good bargain ones???

Thx in advance...

T:T:

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
I find U have mixed up a few terms there Buddy. Please look for a Thread named something down the line "Show me your steering wheel". Alot of valid info & tips thereT:
In short; Remove U`r current wheel to check what spline U have. Some will tell U it could be determined by MY, put I have seen strange things ;) So check.
Basically anything from mid 80 to early 2000 from VAG will be able to fit. I just bought a Polo 6N steering wheel @ the breakers that was supposed to straight into a T4. Circumstances made it end up in my Golf Gti:ILU:
Should U use a VAG wheel, U will have little to no trouble with horn, indicators etc

Another aspect U may want to consider is Airbag; Yes or NO? VERY few Airbag aftermarked wheels about.
Another thing to keep in mind is the size; For example TüV will not approve steering wheels smaller than Ø360mm.
Could be worth thinking about ;)

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
TüV does not apply to theUK...
Never said it did :rolleyes:
However the 360mm has its valid reasons so I mentioned to the OP. The Polo wheel was also not going into a TüV-affected vehicle, so no need to jump to a quick slaying their either I::no
U don`t need to adhere, just make a informed choice ;)J:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts