VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I've just registered here and starting off with posting a quick question.

I bought myself a 95 T4 about a month ago and it came with another VW steering wheel to fit to it as the original one had been chewed byt he previous owners dog.
I was told I need a spacer/shim/washer/thingy to get it fitted otherwise it will slip straight over.

Anyone make sense of what I'm talkign about and is this a dealer only part? (or scrappy if I can manage to describe the part correctly)

HOpefully if the pic comes up ok you can see what wheel I'm trying to fit.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Hello, I've just registered here and starting off with posting a quick question.

I bought myself a 95 T4 about a month ago and it came with another VW steering wheel to fit to it as the original one had been chewed byt he previous owners dog.
I was told I need a spacer/shim/washer/thingy to get it fitted otherwise it will slip straight over.

Anyone make sense of what I'm talkign about and is this a dealer only part? (or scrappy if I can manage to describe the part correctly)

HOpefully if the pic comes up ok you can see what wheel I'm trying to fit.

That is a late wheel 97 on it willl not fit your early van, you need a wheel from an early van

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I guess there is no "adapter" then.

So it's time to look around for a steering wheel of a similar aged golf etc?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts