VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I know steering wheels have been done to death on here but with a boss kit on the way, and my mind set on getting a momo prototipo im now having concerns that the 350mm diameter is gonna be a bit on the small side for my 03 t4. I have seen a couple of 360mm steering wheels that i like as a possible alternative but nothing bigger than that takes my fancy. Do any of you that have down sized to a 350mm wheel have any regrets? Dials being partially blocked, steering feeling heavier etc? Really appreciate any feedback on this before throwing my cash on it.
Many thanks...

·
T4 2.5 TDi 2003 SWB
4,484 Posts
Hi mate,

I've had a 350mm Momo Race Evo in my van for over ten years, and before that, in my previous T4 >>

No worries what so ever mate (y) It doesn't obscure the dials, also, remember your steering wheel boss will move the steering wheel forward quite a bit. But then again, It all depends on your seating as well, as I have bucket seats I'm sitting in my seats as opposed to on them!
I've never liked the large steering wheels, to me they feel as though you're driving a truck ...................... or, a van! :cool:

TURK

·
Full of Cr*p....
8,180 Posts
I used to have a 300mm wheel on a Series 3 Landrover (no power steering).
Was a "bit" heavy to park, but otherwise no problem!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the
Hi mate,

I've had a 350mm Momo Race Evo in my van for over ten years, and before that, in my previous T4 >>

View attachment 177496

No worries what so ever mate (y) It doesn't obscure the dials, also, remember your steering wheel boss will move the steering wheel forward quite a bit. But then again, It all depends on your seating as well, as I have bucket seats I'm sitting in my seats as opposed to on them!
I've never liked the large steering wheels, to me they feel as though you're driving a truck ...................... or, a van! :cool:

TURK
Cheers for the input mate. As long as it doesn’t obscure the dials. Im sure ill get used to the smaller size. Its gonna feel weird to start with but its gonna look so much nicer!

·
Registered
115 Posts
I am not intending to upset anybody and this is only my opinion but I find those overtly sporty small steering wheels just don't go with the rest of the interior of a T4 even with the later dash. I agree with the large wheels not being nice but than we are not driving some 400 bhp sports car, it's a van!. The best wheel I had was from a Polo coupe of early 90s vintage with three spokes with a flash of silver metal showing in the bottom spoke with a VW logo in the middle of the boss as it should be. Pleasantly small but not overtly and without lumps and bumps all over the place. I'd love to find another one but the only one on ebay was asking £200 for it, considering I paid a fiver from a braker 10 yrs ago. I am sure you realised by now that I am a dinosaur. 😄

1 - 5 of 5 Posts