VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a t4 caravelle 2001.

The horn has been going off when I don't want it to. I took the wheel off and there's a washer on top of the spring. It's very misshapen. What should it look like?

The spring is also loose - in that you can remove it easily and put it back, but looking at other threads it seems that maybe it shouldn't be loose? And I wonder if it's the misshapen washer that's causing the horn to play up?

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
On mine (I dont know what model u have) . the horn push is removable on th wheel , and has contacts that are normally kept apart with springs .. if any , or all of these are missing , it may allow th horn to operate ad-hoc ...

·
Registered
477 Posts
ha ssimilar with mine when turning the wheel horn would go. this was after installing another stalk, it was the 3 screws that hold the stalk in place just needed tightened up a little more they were contacting off of the screw heads.

·
Registered
477 Posts
yep it was the bottom one that was the offender i hadnt tightened it enough after fitting another stalk. whats going on with the insulating tape? i'd check that out

1 - 5 of 5 Posts