VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI does any 1 know if any other standard vw steering wheels will fit my 98 t4 1.9
Eg golf or passat ??????,

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi it has not got an airbag so could put any wheel on, was hoping th:)ere would be 1 I could just swap it for with out to much messing

·
Registered
275 Posts
I've got a 97 caravelle, and I'm putting an early mk3 golf gti/vr6 non airbag wheel on it. Its pretty straightforward, I'll be putting up a How-to on the forum later today. You'll need the steering wheel and horn push, the horn slip ring if its not attached to the wheel (about a tenner from vw), and a spline adapter which you can either get secondhand for pennies or new for a tenner. The only fiddly bit is the need to saw a bit off the adapter to get its length down to allow the horn ring and indicator self canceller to engage. You can pick up vr6 wheels for about £30 from a breaker.T:

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Good info!
One question though; I am restricted by TüV what modification is conserned which to some extend is OK
TüV is conserned with the size of the steering wheel fitted. On a van I do not thik they accept anything below Ø360mm regardless of servo or not (I am sure I will be corrected on this figure if it is way out of bounce, was applicable at least 12 month ago)
I U please could post the actual size of the wheels U fit, their origin, mods needed for all to work (as above) & how U cope with the actual size, that would be really a huge benefit to allT:
Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts