VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wotcha!
My head unit was working fine then whilst fitting a signal booster I blew a fuse.
Replaced it and abandoned the booster for now but there's no power getting to the head unit.
Actually there is..... my multimeter reads 12v at the ISO lead and the head unit works on a test bench. When connected in the van I can't switch it on
How can this be??????

I'm flummoxed and more than a little :* off

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
EARTH Not the sort you grow yer beans in LOL:

More sleek I reckon and how far are you from Truro Firestation..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................KABOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
'Tis earthed squire - Truro's only a part time station but I'm ok cos it's raining! :D

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
ISO to ISO connector with it all connected etc have you got power 12v on the stereo side of the connector....also there should be a inline fuse ........

one last thing does yer old stereo work when plugged in

·
Premium Member
2,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ISO to ISO connector with it all connected etc have you got power 12v on the stereo side of the connector...YES.also there should be a inline fuse ........

one last thing does yer old stereo work when plugged in
old stereo is fuggered which is why I got new one but the new head unit works on a test bench

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
hendrix is it a brand spanking new head unit? cause something in the back of my mind, tells me you need to switch the lives around i.e. the ign live and permanent live around on these, still doesn't really explain why it works on the test bench though:confused:

·
Premium Member
2,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Crosser - yeah I've done that -tried it both ways (I'll try anything once!):D

·
Registered
124 Posts
the same happened to me, theres to lives, one is a permanant from the battery and the other is an ignition live, i decided in the end that i was going to just join both wires together at the back of the head unit so it was permanently live, which means you can have ya tunes playing withouth having your ignition on or key in the ignition, han:ILU:dy when ya chillin down the beach n stuff

·
Premium Member
2,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the same happened to me, theres to lives, one is a permanant from the battery and the other is an ignition live, i decided in the end that i was going to just join both wires together at the back of the head unit so it was permanently live, which means you can have ya tunes playing withouth having your ignition on or key in the ignition, han:ILU:dy when ya chillin down the beach n stuff
Top man! A:

That's done it for me - I have me sounds back H:H:H:H:

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Chacewater is awash with the sound of hendrix singing along to Celine Dion........................................................:cool:

Dont forget to book the jamborree off on the off duty aswelll...............A:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts