VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, as per title really. I have just purchased my first t4 and I'm not great with vehicle electrics. I bought a cheap kenwood head unit from halfrauds (to tide me over till I buy a decent one) as the original vw has sadly passed away. Fitting was simple, but... When I first turned it on it asked me to set it up, time date etc etc. that was easy too, now the problem... Every time I turn the van off I have to re-setup the stereo every time I get in the van. It's as if there is no power getting to stereo when engine is off and the thing thinks it's been taken out and refitted. Should there be a little power feed to it all the time to stop this or am I missing something? Or is stereo fooked?
Thanks in advance for any help and advice.
Not that it should make a difference, but it's a 03 plate 2.5tdi
Ta muchly

·
Registered
127 Posts
In the back there will be a yellow feed and a red feed for the power. Swap these around as one is a permanent feed and the other is the feed from the ignition. This was what was up with mine when mine kept resetting.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well done Stuhow! That worked a treat. Thank very much. Didn't think restarting it every time would annoy me but after 3 weeks it really began to get on my t*ts! So thank you.
On to the next problem!! ;-)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts